Drummer Wanted (Dublin) (1 Viewer)

raindog

I’m in college at the moment doing a media based project management course and have to produce an end of year project which I’ve decided will be an EP.

I’ve gathered together 8 tunes for the EP in various stages of completion and demo versions of them can be heard here (http://listn.to/TheDogPonyShowDemos) or here (http://soundcloud.com/dermotbohan/sets/rootmusic-bandpage)

I have been in touch with people and over Christmas have lined up a singer, bassist/recording engineer and guitarist/keyboardist with a view to playing the tunes live and also rerecord them with real players. Most of the parts, (bar guitar and some glockenspiel) have been done using propellerheads Reason 4.0 which is the main program I use for writing music.

The idea for the band would be to use these songs to get up and running but everyone in the band would be free to bring ideas to the table. I was also thinking it would be great if everyone can work on the ideas on their home setups and have a half live half home studio work ethic going.

I’d like to do some jamming, some regular recording (even for just putting demos together) and some gigging.

Ideally, and I know it’s a tall order, I’d like to work with a drummer who also knows their way around a computer recording setup and has experience in drum programming/drum loop editing, as I’d like to incorporate loops/experimental type of parts to the songs into the live set. Being able to work with a click track would also be preferable.

If you’d be interested in this you can PM me here or at [email protected] and we can talk further.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back