Drum machine & BPM Question (1 Viewer)

izzyp

greetings good people of thumped.

i have a rather annoying problem. i'm hoping someone here can help me out.

a few months back, while we recorded some demos based on beats from a drum machine as our click track. having gone back to tidy these up, i'm re-recording the drum beats in, filtering them down to individual tracks for snare, kick, hi hat, etc..rather than the one track for all 12 pads which was used for the click track.

now, i'm using the exact same software, same recording set up, same drum machine, same bpm, everything exactly as first time round, yet when i go to align the tracks i'm finding irregularities.

for example, after taking the centerpoint of the track to use for lining up the kick, i've found at the start, the kick is behind the original, and ahead of it at the end. what the hell?

welcome to the wonderful world of sync!

It could be a few things

a) the audio file your working off does not begin exactly in tempo perhaps due to latency of recording equiptment used
b) the setup your using at the moment has some latency issue thats making it go out of sync

Post the file and list your exact setup and the latency of your pc

or just manual chop up the beat and drag it in to place by hand!

cheers for the replies folks :)

red Dog
regards the set up:

i have an alesis sr-16 feeind into a zoom g2.1u guitar pedal set to bypass, which feeds into logic through a usb line.

regards the audio files, i can make them both start together as bang on the mark as i can get by moving the track while zoomed in on the wave till it is just a single line on a graph type display, but it still goes out of sync towards the end. even if there was latency in the set up, wouldn't it be the same for both recordings as they were both the same set up/system?

ann post
what exactly do you mean by the sample rate? i'm not exactly the most technical person here, are you talking about the drum machine itself? i've not changed the set up of the alesis at all from when i layed down the first recording.

Also, check and make sure that the Time signature of the project (eg 4/4) is the same as what was used first time around.....

Not sure about Logic, but ableton Live automatically adjusts the imported audio files relative to the time signature of the project...
Logic could be doing the same ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back