Dropkick Murphys on wednesday (1 Viewer)

that was deadly .|..| ...definitely made up for the crap time i had at them last year. Hurray for plenty of songs from Do Or Die.

Yeah it was really good fun, Frenzal Rhomb were fuckin class and The Dropkicks were pretty good too, still they should have played even more old songs and just cut all the folk covers crap. On stage at the end was amusing, there was literally no room to move and people were still trying to get on!

deadly gig, finally got to see full dropkick murphys set. read on another form some lad broke his lag at show??& someone else injured his head???? sounds abit like those old tales of early/mid-eightys hardcore gigs where people used to kick the shit out of each other.

Yeah I think the guy that broke his leg was one of the ones that did a stagedive only for no-one to catch them. This kid landed just a bit in front of me like that and it looked like he might have broken something, I held off the pit while 3 other people carried him off, nasty.

Cormcolash said:
Yeah I think the guy that broke his leg was one of the ones that did a stagedive only for no-one to catch them.
Haha I thought that kind of thing only happened in urban legends... I probably shouldn't be amused but I can't help it....

Liadain said:
Haha I thought that kind of thing only happened in urban legends... I probably shouldn't be amused but I can't help it....
Well yeah I'd probably find it funny if it didn't happen right in front of me.
I think the Art College in Belfast stopped doing gigs cause someone dived off the balcony and no-one caught them, then the person died or something. Mac can confirm or refute that I'm sure.

does anybody remember the Dropkicks gig in the Spalpín Fanach about 4 or 5 years ago? I cant believe every single person didnt break some bone that night, the bands included! Voice of Generation were mad, i remember everybody went mental when they covered Alternative Ulster.

of course, if that were to happen today i'd probably sit there with my arms folded muttering something about sacrilege.

Cormcolash said:
Well yeah I'd probably find it funny if it didn't happen right in front of me.
I think the Art College in Belfast stopped doing gigs cause someone dived off the balcony and no-one caught them, then the person died or something. Mac can confirm or refute that I'm sure.

anyone that stupid deserves to die.

Alan Remorse said:
does anybody remember the Dropkicks gig in the Spalpín Fanach about 4 or 5 years ago? I cant believe every single person didnt break some bone that night, the bands included! Voice of Generation were mad, i remember everybody went mental when they covered Alternative Ulster.

of course, if that were to happen today i'd probably sit there with my arms folded muttering something about sacrilege.
5 years ago this year. it was mad. how the PA didnt fall on someone i dont know. i held it up a few times and ken casey had to stop playing to catch it a couple of times too. they had a bench from a church infront of the bands...i think it got broke during runnin riot who played 2nd and there was still 2 more bands to play yet (VOAG and DKMs). i have photos from it at home. you're probably in one of them alan.

5 years ago! fuckin hell, seems far more recent than that. yeah, that was a brilliant gig alright. Section 8 and Kerosene played too, God talk about blast from the past!!! It seemed like everybody in Ireland who was into Punk was at that gig. Class.

i think this calls for more gratuitous use of the phrase "back in the day"

stephenoblunt said:
Dropkick Murphy's recently called SLF "some unkown UK band" in the a magazine. Come on all you Brits up North, reply...
yeah lets wreck their buzz!!! i think the dropkicks are shite!!!
saw them about 2 years ago in the states and was talking to one of them. i dont think he recognised my accent as being irish. spa
but if yez had fun at the gig then im glad(i feel bad for buzz wrecking!)

Christ Darragh, you're too emo for your own good. WRECK THAT BUZZ!! I think the Dropkick Murphys are shite. I was into their first album...when I was 16...but not now. Does anyone want to buy their "Curse of a Fallen Soul" (or something like that) 7" off me for €2, or a couple of cans? Anyway, I reckon they're dicks. Full of shite. 26 + 6 + Boston = shite.

hey corm..remember that trade we were on about....i'll take that dkms 7 as part of it if you like?

Okay, cool, let me e-mail you about that, I've got plenty other 7"s, CDs, LPs I want to get rid of. Give me an e-mail if I don't send one in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back