dont poke fun at Islam! (2 Viewers)

Meanwhile, the Danish tabloid Extra Bladet got hold of a 43-page report

( http://www.ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=329877 )

that Danish Muslim leaders and imams, on a tour of the Islamic world are handing out to their contacts to “explain” how offensive the cartoons are. The report contains 15 pictures instead of 12. The first of the three additional pictures, which are of dismal quality, shows Muhammad as a pedophile deamon [see it here], the second shows the prophet with a pigsnout [here] and the third depicts a praying Muslim being raped by a dog [here]. Apparently, the 12 original pictures were not deemed bad enough to convince other Muslims that Muslims in Denmark are the victims of a campaign of religious hatred.

Akhmad Akkari, spokesman of the 21 Danish Muslim organizations which organized the tour, explained that the three drawings had been added to “give an insight in how hateful the atmosphere in Denmark is towards Muslims.” Akkari claimed he does not know the origin of the three pictures. He said they had been sent anonymously to Danish Muslims. However, when Ekstra Bladet asked if it could talk to these Muslims, Akkari refused to reveal their identity."

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/668

http://www.slate.com/id/2135499/

"The question of "offensiveness" is easy to decide. First: Suppose that we all agreed to comport ourselves in order to avoid offending the believers? How could we ever be sure that we had taken enough precautions? On Saturday, I appeared on CNN, which was so terrified of reprisal that it "pixilated" the very cartoons that its viewers needed to see. And this ignoble fear in Atlanta, Ga., arose because of an illustration in a small Scandinavian newspaper of which nobody had ever heard before! Is it not clear, then, that those who are determined to be "offended" will discover a provocation somewhere? We cannot possibly adjust enough to please the fanatics, and it is degrading to make the attempt."

Lord Damian said:
http://www.slate.com/id/2135499/

"The question of "offensiveness" is easy to decide. First: Suppose that we all agreed to comport ourselves in order to avoid offending the believers? How could we ever be sure that we had taken enough precautions? On Saturday, I appeared on CNN, which was so terrified of reprisal that it "pixilated" the very cartoons that its viewers needed to see. And this ignoble fear in Atlanta, Ga., arose because of an illustration in a small Scandinavian newspaper of which nobody had ever heard before! Is it not clear, then, that those who are determined to be "offended" will discover a provocation somewhere? We cannot possibly adjust enough to please the fanatics, and it is degrading to make the attempt."

Sorry Damo but ... it's not about the fanatics. It's about the general muslim populace and about treating them with a basic modicum of respect. Hint to the gentleman you are quoting: equating Mohammad with a suicide bomber is not likely to go down well.

hugh said:
Sorry Damo but ... it's not about the fanatics. It's about the general muslim populace and about treating them with a basic modicum of respect. Hint to the gentleman you are quoting: equating Mohammad with a suicide bomber is not likely to go down well.
yeah, well, i just like his anti-religious stance. i'm what ya call one of those holier-than-thou atheists. i also get my back up when certain proponents of a religion (be it Islam, Christinaity, Judaism, etc.) condone killing folk. a very simplistic view, i know, but it works for me. killing folk for not agreeing with your religious views = not cool. now, i can accept the fact that the media may be blowing this out of proportion, but i've only ever seen Muslims get all kill-crazy over literature that criticizes their "prophet". any religion that advocates death to unbelievers is bullshit.

hugh said:

Did you have the same opinion about the Life Of Brian? Guess that should have been banned. Ditto Jerry Springer the opera.

Have you read what Dante has written about Islam? Why aren't you calling for the Inferno to be banned?

spiritualtramp said:
Did you have the same opinion about the Life Of Brian? Guess that should have been banned. Ditto Jerry Springer the opera.

Have you read what Dante has written about Islam? Why aren't you calling for the Inferno to be banned?

Where exactly did I suggest that anything should be banned?

SHEEPEST.jpg

I have to agree with Aoboa on all counts. Just because we have the right to say something, doesn't mean we have too say it. A bit of respect is needed.

Having said that, the reaction is outrageous. If this escalated into war, will ACME provide the weapons?

i wonder who is going to win the competition to publish holocaust illustrations? My money is on sinead o'connor.

nEiLo said:
Having said that, the reaction is outrageous. If this escalated into war, will ACME provide the weapons?

It'd be a poor reflection on mankind to have to tell your grandkids that WW3 was started by a cartoon.

Does anyone else find it weird that nobody in the media is criticising the savage way the official muslim world reacted to the cartoons, imagine the pope issuing a bounty for the heads of the south park guys for having jesus sleep with satan. The hypocritical lefty media would jump on him like a ton of bricks. think its time to highlight the barbaric nature of these savages what gives them the right to tell us how we should behave in our own societies? if youre a minority you can do what you want to the west we will just roll over and take it.

http://www.boomka.org/

Israeli group announces anti-Semitic cartoons contest!

February 14th, 2006
A Danish paper publishes a cartoon that mocks Muslims.
An Iranian paper responds with a Holocaust cartoons contest -
- Now a group of Israelis announce their own anti-Semitic cartoons contest!
Amitai Sandy (29), graphic artist and publisher of Dimona Comix Publishing, from Tel-Aviv, Israel, has followed the unfolding of the “Muhammad cartoon-gate” events in amazement, until finally he came up with the right answer to all this insanity - and so he announced today the launch of a new anti-Semitic cartoons contest - this time drawn by Jews themselves!
“We’ll show the world we can do the best, sharpest, most offensive Jew hating cartoons ever published!” said Sandy “No Iranian will beat us on our home turf!”
The contest has been announced today on the www.boomka.org website, and the initiator accept submissions of cartoons, caricatures and short comic strips from people all over the world. The deadline is Sunday March 5, and the best works will be displayed in an Exhibition in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
Sandy is now in the process of arranging sponsorships of large organizations, and promises lucrative prizes for the winners, including of course the famous Matzo-bread baked with the blood of Christian children.
For more info contact:
Amitai at [email protected] or 972-54-316-4117

Iran renames Danish pastries

IRAN: Iranians have decided to rename the "Danish pastries" relished
by this nation of cake lovers. From now on, the sweet, flaky pastries
which dominate the shelves in Iran's cake shops will be known as
"Roses of the Prophet Muhammad", the official IRNA news agency
reported yesterday.

"No one is allowed to make fun of our beloved and respected Prophet,"
said Hassan Nasserzadeh, a cake-shop owner in central Tehran.The
pastries are baked every day and are not imported or subject to any
boycott of Danish goods imposed over the cartoons.

The Iranian move had echoes of the verbal food fight set off by
restaurants in the US House of Representatives which renamed "French
fries" and "French toast" as "Freedom fries" and "Freedom toast" after
France refused to back the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

© The Irish Times

aoboa said:
Iran renames Danish pastries

IRAN: Iranians have decided to rename the "Danish pastries" relished
by this nation of cake lovers. From now on, the sweet, flaky pastries
which dominate the shelves in Iran's cake shops will be known as
"Roses of the Prophet Muhammad", the official IRNA news agency
reported yesterday.

"No one is allowed to make fun of our beloved and respected Prophet,"
said Hassan Nasserzadeh, a cake-shop owner in central Tehran.The
pastries are baked every day and are not imported or subject to any
boycott of Danish goods imposed over the cartoons.

The Iranian move had echoes of the verbal food fight set off by
restaurants in the US House of Representatives which renamed "French
fries" and "French toast" as "Freedom fries" and "Freedom toast" after
France refused to back the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

© The Irish Times

tell me this is a joke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back