"Don't Look Back"-type shows = bollix (1 Viewer)

Flux

If I want to hear an album in its entirety I'll play it on my cd player or turntable. Just give us your best set for feck sake.

It's getting ridiculous..."Oneida play "The Wedding" (2005) in its entirety"...wow.

Next week! ha!

LM_ROR_72dpi.jpg

How about a set where the band just plays their "hit" over and over and over?

Charles and Eddy perform "Would I lie to you?"

Brian Wilson doing Pet Sounds and Smile wasn't bollix.

And I was just saying to the chap from the Ruby Suns last night that it'd be great if they played their whole Sealion album in it's entirety with a band big enough to do it properly. There were only three of them due to money being tight. I said wow you're going to Paris tomorrow, that's cool, he just said actually it's kinda stressful. Sad to hear that.
None of which relates to the original topic but anyway.

How about a set where the band just plays their "hit" over and over and over?

Charles and Eddy perform "Would I lie to you?"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love the don't look back gigs. They're kind of different to the normal, slightly less predictable sets that most bands do anyway.

If I want to hear an album in its entirety I'll play it on my cd player or turntable. Just give us your best set for feck sake.

It's getting ridiculous..."Oneida play "The Wedding" (2005) in its entirety"...wow.

If it's an album I like, and know very well, I enjoy it. It's a bit like going to see a classical symphony I guess - knowing your favourite bit is coming up next, knowing the next song's the one you always skip so you can have a loo break.... Arthur Lee doing Forever Changes, Patti Smith doing Horses, Sonic Youth doing Daydream Nation and Sparks doing Kimono My House were all fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back