Don't let Nigglybits know this is out! (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
http://www.rhino.co.uk/store/products,the-smiths-complete-deluxe-c_39767.htm

Brute of a thing with:

>All eight album releases taken back to original tape sources and remastered by Johnny Marr and Frank Arkwright
> All eight albums on Mini LP replica style CDs in gatefold card wallets
> All eight albums on 180g 12” vinyl LPs (5 singles, 3 doubles)
> 25x 7" Singles (the entire The Smiths Singles collection) inc. specially reproduced rarities
> A 36" x 24" Poster of all album and single cover artwork
> ‘The Complete Picture’ DVD of the band's music videos
> An 8 page 12" booklet feat. expanded liner notes
> 8x 12" art prints of each album cover artwork
> An Exclusive Code to download the whole catalogue as high quality MP3s (320k)

Only €280! :-(

Get the lot on ebay: less than 100 euro. For the original records.

Fuck reissues. And "Art prints" and "remasters". They were good enough when you heard them the first time around.

Get the lot on ebay: less than 100 euro. For the original records.

Fuck reissues. And "Art prints" and "remasters". They were good enough when you heard them the first time around.

i think I've only ever bought one reissue, and that was more for the DVD that came with it than the remastered version of the album.

Are there better sounding (less tinny please) versions of the first album and Meat is Murder, does anyone know?
I have the Troy Tate demos for the first album on a tape somewhere which I bought in that downstairs shop across from the Secret Book&Record years ago. That was a great shop. And I much prefer those versions too. I kinda hate how both of those albums sound but I love the songs.

Are there better sounding (less tinny please) versions of the first album and Meat is Murder, does anyone know?
I have the Troy Tate demos for the first album on a tape somewhere which I bought in that downstairs shop across from the Secret Book&Record years ago. That was a great shop. And I much prefer those versions too. I kinda hate how both of those albums sound but I love the songs.
Record Collector, used to be in the abbey mall. good times.

wasn't there a 'branch' in dunleary too? near donnellan's carpets?

The only record shop I remember in Dun Laoghaire (besides Golden Discs and Music City) was Murray's which was a fabulous shop. I was only about 11-14 when it was open and I remember it, though. My father was driven demented by me when we went in there, the poor fella. I pretty much wanted everything I could see. Magic days.

The Rough Trade CDs sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back