Dole question (1 Viewer)

nevermind

cover_373314232007.jpg

No, you're not. I think that's pretty lousy too. The intention of welfare is to prevent destitution, not to allow you flute about travelling the world.

I heard yesterday that people are gonna be made sign on every week from now on.

To be honest I'm not in favour of what she was getting away with either. If you geniunely need unemployment assistance then you wont have any issue going to sign on. I know it kind of highlights people but in fairness making money too easy to get encourages people too. If you really need it you'll make an effort

To be honest I'm not in favour of what she was getting away with either. If you geniunely need unemployment assistance then you wont have any issue going to sign on. I know it kind of highlights people but in fairness making money too easy to get encourages people too. If you really need it you'll make an effort

Yeah, I think most people would think it's fairly despicable. But I do see your point. It's still fairly shit though. They made it easier for people to screw the system by getting rid of the only real control measure they had and that was weekly signing. Yes, it was a pain in the hole but I never really minded it when I did sign on, as I'd get paid.

The main reason they made it monthly signing (and three-monthly in the summer) was to reduce staffing levels when the Live Register was low. As these things are cyclical, they won't have enough staff to deal with the current growth rate, which means piss-poor service for the signer until this is redressed. As they've been told to reduce costs, staff aren't being replaced when they leave, decentralise or get promoted (rare these days for the same reason). Natural Wastage they call it. All very well for the budget managers but fucking shit for the "service user". Note, this will affect all schemes and not just unemployment.

This Government has really fucked it up.

Yeah, I think most people would think it's fairly despicable. But I do see your point. It's still fairly shit though. They made it easier for people to screw the system by getting rid of the only real control measure they had and that was weekly signing. Yes, it was a pain in the hole but I never really minded it when I did sign on, as I'd get paid.

The main reason they made it monthly signing (and three-monthly in the summer) was to reduce staffing levels when the Live Register was low. As these things are cyclical, they won't have enough staff to deal with the current growth rate, which means piss-poor service for the signer until this is redressed. As they've been told to reduce costs, staff aren't being replaced when they leave, decentralise or get promoted (rare these days for the same reason). Natural Wastage they call it. All very well for the budget managers but fucking shit for the "service user". Note, this will affect all schemes and not just unemployment.

This Government has really fucked it up.

as an aside, what were you saying before about the future privatisation of the social again? Have you had a look at the "reforms" Britain brought in recently, cutting off a lot of disability options etc? are they looking at this as 'the way forward'?

as an aside, what were you saying before about the future privatisation of the social again? Have you had a look at the "reforms" Britain brought in recently, cutting off a lot of disability options etc? are they looking at this as 'the way forward'?

Not officially, but obviously there are people who look at Britland and think it's a good idea, so it's only a matter of time. They've been privatising a lot of essential roles within Government Dept.'s, in particular IT-Related things, for years. I hope they never privatise the Social. But I'm not holding my breath, especially when you look at the way things are going with the Health Service.

I have never in my life heard of or experienced 3 month signings.

A lot of exchanges don't sign for the three months during the summer. This is to cover staff shortages, due to term-time and holidays and also 'cos they just don't have the staff and any respite is good.

Not all of them, but a good load. More likely to happen in The Big Smoke. This has been going on years.

i've been signing on for about 2 1/2 months now, got a letter today asking me to go to my local FAS office next month for an interview or something, i'm guessing they're gonna try get me onto a course.

anyone know if there's anyway i can NOT do a course and still get the dole?

i've been signing on for about 2 1/2 months now, got a letter today asking me to go to my local FAS office next month for an interview or something, i'm guessing they're gonna try get me onto a course.

i'd say they just want proof you're looking for work. just apply for loads of shite jobs on t'internet and print off replies.

You didn't have to sign on with FárS, but I think they can make you now. But you don't have to do a course if you don't want to. They can't force you into a career.

But the point, as mentioned earlier, is they just want you to prove you're looking for work. So if you have applied to anywhere, just tell them you did. Put it this way, a lot of firms won't even send you an acknowledgement that you've applied.

Civil Service are looking for Clerical Officers at the moment, if anyone's interested. www.publicjobs.ie

that's just a routine thing. they'll just have a chat about your options and shit. don't worry, they won't make you sign up to do a welding course or anything!

I just finished a fás course; it was great actually.

Can someone explain this to me again please?

What's the story if you're temping (or doing some other sort of fairly casual work)? Can you claim dole on your weeks off? Is it essential to do so for the reasons that Goff mentioned? How does one go about sorting this out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back