Dole question (1 Viewer)

Froog

Get some!
Supporter
i finish up work next week, then am off for a month before starting next job. can i get the dole for these four weeks? i have been on the dole before.
is signing on quicker the second time?

can't help myself

what i would suggest is take a visit or phone your local social welfare office with you're p45 and explain that you star ta new job in a months time and see what the situation is

I think so.
I mean, I did that. I told them what the story was and everything, I had a job lined up that I was going to.
They more or less said, "yeah, suuure you do, here's your scratch".
That was about 5 years ago.

edit, I met a refugee lad from The Congo in the dole office. I didn't want to actually go to the appointment when i was called because he was so amazing. The stuff he was talking about. Fucking hell.

Im going travelling for the rest of the year.Can I get the dole while Im away. I know I have to present myself i person but if I find someone who looks like me, is it possible?

Or at least for the next 3 weeks before I go?

How about claiming tax back by proclaiming you are travelling for the rest of the year.

Im going travelling for the rest of the year.Can I get the dole while Im away. I know I have to present myself i person but if I find someone who looks like me, is it possible?

i know someone who did this for 3 months. just be careful, if you fuck it up, you can say goodbye to benefits for the rest of your life.

yes, but they're clamping down on that shit. there's talk of suspending bank transfer payments, so it'll be back to the good ol' days of standing ankle deep in scratch cards queuing in the post office.

Dole payments into bank accounts to be scrapped

to answer your question froog: yes. are you quitting or get laid off. if it's the former, then you might encounter some grief. you probably don't need to say anything about your new job. unless they're giving you a hard time possibly...

They've just changed the way you claim dole so you cant claim it when you're travelling. You're going to have to claim it in person instead of into the bank. You could go travelling as it is now and come back every three months to sign on. I know someone whose been at this for ages.

They've just changed the way you claim dole so you cant claim it when you're travelling. You're going to have to claim it in person instead of into the bank. You could go travelling as it is now and come back every three months to sign on. I know someone whose been at this for ages.

sign on every three months? what?

'jesus this queue is so fucken long, you'd be better off gettin a job'.

'they've only just opened up the second hatch...lazy bastards'

two qoutes i heard in the welfare in the past.

Class.

i finish up work next week, then am off for a month before starting next job. can i get the dole for these four weeks? i have been on the dole before.
is signing on quicker the second time?

If you leave of your own accord, you can be disallowed for up to nine weeks. From the date of unemployment. But sign on anyway. And appeal if disallowed.

Signing on is usually quicker the second time around, providing they still have your claim. If it was within the last three years, they probably have.

If you get caught screwing the social, you can't be banned from signing. But you will be slapped with an overpayment and possibly face prosecution, depending on how much and for how long. They will probably put more pressure on you to find work and shit, but they can't stop you from signing if you are legitimately entitled to do so.

You can tell them you have a new job lined up, as they'll be more likely to pay you. It shows you are genuinely seeking work. I wouldn't mention any travel plans though.

Regardless of whether or not you'll be disallowed, you should always sign on when unemployed. You might be entitled to credits, at least (barring the first nine weeks if you left of your own accord). And credits might one day be needed to qualify for a pension. Don't think it won't matter, because I've seen the pittance people get because they didn't bother signing on when they were younger for the "odd-few weeks" of unemployment. You have to think of the future. Also, other benefits, such as Illness and Dental, etc., can be affected. Not to mention future unemployment claims. And, coming up to a recession, this might be more important than you realise.

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
I've never been on the dole, I dont know how it works. I just know she comes home every three months to sign the register or whatever. the rest of the time shes off in France or Argentina or wherever backpacking and having a great time.

Sounds like the 'head dole' alright... I think you probably should say that you have a job lined up, you're entitled to welfare for the time when you're not working whether it's in-between jobs or not.

the most important condition on signing on is that you are "actively seeking work". they wont pay you to have a month off between the jobs. if you do mention the upcoming job (which i think you should, itll sound good to them) be sure to emphasise the fact that you are still looking for anything at all in between "i just want to work". If you pull the "well I already have a job for in a months time so why should i look?" card they wont be interested in paying you. it really depends on who you get on the day aswell, some of them are pure shitebags.

the most important condition on signing on is that you are "actively seeking work". they wont pay you to have a month off between the jobs. if you do mention the upcoming job (which i think you should, itll sound good to them) be sure to emphasise the fact that you are still looking for anything at all in between "i just want to work". If you pull the "well I already have a job for in a months time so why should i look?" card they wont be interested in paying you. it really depends on who you get on the day aswell, some of them are pure shitebags.

NYou're entitled to sign on even if you have a job lined up. Most people usually have things to do to prepare for a new job. The whole point is to get people working again. They're okay about that sort of thing. You're entitled to sign on if you're unemployed. The difference is usually if you have a break and the same job isn't paying you. E=ven then, you still have the entitlement. They tried that with lollipop wimmin back in the day, even though there was an unwritten consent that they would be paid while the dept. of education wasn't paying them, the social would. Some people were disallowed, but they all won their appeals.

Of course, there are some over-zealous nazis working in the place, who might try and disallow you but you will always win an appeal if you're disallowed on that basis. You do have to be genuinely seeking work, but you can always say you're looking for work, as you pointed out. The other important thing is you have to be available for work.

I always advise people who are in this sort of position to say that you have to sign on to keep your credits up to date, regardless of whether or not you qualify for payment. Cos once you qualify for credits and your record is up to date, then you qualify for payment.

Aye, some of them are shitebags, to be sure.

I always advise people who are in this sort of position to say that you have to sign on to keep your credits up to date, regardless of whether or not you qualify for payment. Cos once you qualify for credits and your record is up to date, then you qualify for payment.

that is actually a great tip they cant argue with you there!
rest of what you said would have been v.useful for me to have known a few years back. oh well.

I've never been on the dole, I dont know how it works. I just know she comes home every three months to sign the register or whatever. the rest of the time shes off in France or Argentina or wherever backpacking and having a great time.

Am I alone in thinking thats fairly cuntish?

Am I alone in thinking thats fairly cuntish?

No, you're not. I think that's pretty lousy too. The intention of welfare is to prevent destitution, not to allow you flute about travelling the world.

I heard yesterday that people are gonna be made sign on every week from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back