Dole question (1 Viewer)

jaysiz. bag o'cans. long time no post. is this what you mean: quit job/sign on/go gallivanting for a week/hand in required shit? I really wouldn't have thought there was a time limit between starting a new claim and getting all of the relevant info back. they just process your claim when you bring in everything that they need and backdate your accumulated benefit from the first day you came in to sign on. maybe there is a point when a claim becomes invalid, but I'd imagine the timeframe would be a lot longer than a couple of weeks. sometimes things like getting a p45 from an employer can be really annoying and take ages so they probably have to account for that kind of shit.

actually:

http://www.welfare.ie/foi/jb_jobseekben.html#part2

doesn't say anything about it anyway..

i can explain how it takes ages to get a p45 from employer

day 1: you leave job.
day 31: your employer visits his tax advisors
day 32: the tax advisor goes to one of his underling (for the purposes of this let's call the underling iffy) tells iffy that an employee of your employer has left and would need a p45.
day 32. 5 minutes afterwards: tax advisor says to iffy right but befoire that here's 30 jobs for you to do before you waste any time on unimportant stuff like p45's
day after income tax deadline let's call it day 100: iffy finally finds time to do the p45 in the 10 minutes between going home that day and finishing of work

They'll be looking for a statement.

So, tell them you don't have a bank account. Not sure if they can check it these days, via Revenue (It's all part of Reach, so they probably can), but in the old days they couldn't.

And credit unions too.

If you have one, you have to tell them.

And remember, if you've been working, savings don't count if you qualify for Benefit (as opposed to Assistance - or Jobseekers as they call it nowadays).

the revenue do have the power to check. it was in one of the tax legislation for tax evaders

there is the means test formula in this link: http://www.welfare.ie/publications/sw9.html it's complex.

So, you're saying that I can tell them about my current account, not my savings account with another bank, and they can't check anyway? If I go on the scratcher for 2 months between jobs, they won't give a toss?

So, you're saying that I can tell them about my current account, not my savings account with another bank, and they can't check anyway? If I go on the scratcher for 2 months between jobs, they won't give a toss?

Actually, no. I'm saying tell them the truth. It's not worth it if you don't. If you've been working you might qualify for Benefit, so your bank details won't matter.

You're allowed sign on between jobs. That's the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back