Does TimeMachine kill discs? (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Just had my second TimeMachine dedicated external hard disc die on me. Coincidence?
Also, the said disc is not showing on my desktop but does show up in Disc Utility, although I can't do anything with it there? Do I just fuck it in the bin? Surely not?

not all hard drives are created equal. could just be bad luck, or it could be down to the volume of read/writes you're throwing at it.

also, i've had external hard drive enclosures die on me, possibly from being left on 24/7, but the drive inside was fine.

also, i've had external hard drive enclosures die on me, possibly from being left on 24/7, but the drive inside was fine.

how did you find out?
I've just had a 2nd ext hd fuck up on me. 1 partition is ok (transferring the files from it now, very slowly) but the other can't be fixed by disc utility. Are there any other tools I can use to fix that partition? how can i find out if the disc is ok?

how did you find out?
I've just had a 2nd ext hd fuck up on me. 1 partition is ok (transferring the files from it now, very slowly) but the other can't be fixed by disc utility. Are there any other tools I can use to fix that partition? how can i find out if the disc is ok?

i took the drive out of the enclosure & tried it on SATA cable or in a USB HD cradle.

dunno what the story is with Mac partition repair, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back