Documentaries thread (1 Viewer)

I'm taking this in over the weekend, it's meant to be amazing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The bit with the tap catching fire :-o

New Adam Curtis yoke on the BBC these past few weeks.

He's the dog's bollocks that man.

I've been saving these up until I can watch all three together, very tempted to stick the first two on now though.

Have ye seen the bit he did on Charlie Brooker's Show? Only a short:

Sad, brilliant, indignant, poignant.

[video=youtube_share;rpbWNUGUBNo]http://youtu.be/rpbWNUGUBNo[/video]

[h=1]Plagues & Pleasures on the Salton Sea[/h]Documentry about this old American tourist spot that turned into a nightmarish, post apocalyptic sess pool. Narrated by John Waters:

FULL DOC HERE

salton-sea-3-small.jpg

I'm taking this in over the weekend, it's meant to be amazing

The bit with the tap catching fire :-o

Was looking at the website for this earlier,how was it?Also that salton sea docu looks interesting,must give it a look.

I like my documentaries dry, sober (dreary almost) and about space or cycling. So this one is pretty much perfect. The commentator speaks deadpan and sparingly. For example from 14:00 to 23:40 I don't think he speaks once and it's all the better for it. I like it so much I listened to it twice in work this week. The bit when they do the actual moon landing is also deadly. and the bleeps.

[video=youtube_share;Ifxjq9VSvt0]http://youtu.be/Ifxjq9VSvt0[/video]

Plagues & Pleasures on the Salton Sea

Documentry about this old American tourist spot that turned into a nightmarish, post apocalyptic sess pool. Narrated by John Waters:

FULL DOC HERE

salton-sea-3-small.jpg

Not sure if it's mentioned in the documentary but Richard Misrach did an excellent photographic book about the salton sea. heres some images

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...&sa=3&q=salton+sea+misrach&btnG=Search+images

Won't do justice to the book it's excellent.

I like my documentaries dry, sober (dreary almost) and about space or cycling. So this one is pretty much perfect. The commentator speaks deadpan and sparingly. For example from 14:00 to 23:40 I don't think he speaks once and it's all the better for it. I like it so much I listened to it twice in work this week. The bit when they do the actual moon landing is also deadly. and the bleeps.

[video=youtube_share;Ifxjq9VSvt0]http://youtu.be/Ifxjq9VSvt0[/video]

Be great if it was true.

watched this recently. great watch. former clay animator for some of frank zappa's stuff.
interesting character. documentary is as much about his odd relationship with his dad and family as it is about his work.
got a cool gaff too.

watched last night....

shut up and play the hits - that lcd soundsystem doc. live footage was great. footage of yer man Murphy was a bit difficult to watch for me. came across as a bit of a sap. are we supposed to believe that he is being 100% genuine when he being filmed waking up/pricking around on his own. but. live show looked great.

herb and dorothy

absolutely brilliant doc. new york couple that spent their lives collecting art which they kept in their tiny manhattan flat. watch the trailer

the RTE doc on one app is well worth downloading to your phone - the world's largest online repository of radio documentary podcasts, and the doc on one department has won more awards than any other radio documentary department in the world. allegedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back