Doctor's note? (2 Viewers)

freddienonose

Website
www.amnesty.ie
If I can't get my hands on one of these babies I'm completely fucked.

Any ideas?

I suppose I could just go up to the Doctor and do a bit of grovelling, or fake an illness? It would have to be something he couldn't examine me for though.

Somehow thumped struck me as the perfect place to ask this question.

freddienonose said:

Any ideas?

I suppose I could just go up to the Doctor and do a bit of grovelling, or fake an illness? It would have to be something he couldn't examine me for though.

try going to the doctor and saying you're stressed or have back pain

say you think you might have a breakdown... lots of stress in work. it helps if your doctor had an affair with your mum when you were 14 and you found out and never told his wife. failing that, just hope your doctor is just plain and simple nice like mine.

freddienonose said:

Any ideas?

Go to that doctor inside the pharmacy in Dame St (downstairs). He doesn't give a fuck as he works there for the only purpose of ripping-off tourists so he won't even examine you, no matter what you tell him you have.

Say you had fever, got sick or whatever, he can't prove that's not true and he'll give you a week off even before you ask :)

...illness that a doctor can give you a note for that you don't have to be actually sick looking for a note.

1. Whiplash- a real winner. Say you were in a car on Saturday with a mate when you had to break suddenly. YOu have been in agony ever since. Hold your neck really stiff when he touches it and say ouch lots and shhhh. A gazillion frauster claimants from car accidents can't be wrong.

2. Migrane. Well obvious..tell him you ate some cheese and for the first time ever you have a headache that wont go away. Mysteriously get nbetter if he mentions a cat scan.

3. Chronic shits._ no doctor will ever examine you for this. Trust me.

food poisoning is my most common excuse.

once I had run out of ALL other excuses in this job I had.....and........ used 'a death in the family'.

:eek:

'Oh My god that's terrible Derek'. She said.

'Well, yes, but to be honest it was an aunt I didn't know very well....so y'know it's sad but not too bad' I said.

Vague murmurings of feeling sick and dizzy (involves mumbling alot and looking like you're in a weakened state ;) ) generally result in a nice little note for either gastroenteritis or the more vague 'virus' (depends on how well he/she can spell).

There's been a clamp down on doctors giving out medical notes apparantly, at least according to my doctor, who wouldn't give me a note about 2 years ago when it really would have helped(thankfully it ended well). It wasn't even to say i had an illness, i just wanted him to give me a note to say i was legitimately stressed and worried about a lump i found in my cheek and went to him to have it examined.

I knew a guy who, when chatting up one of the girls in the office and asked if he was married, decided to lie and tell the girl that his wife died.

tell the dear doctor that someone spiked yr drink with PCP and that you've been on an emotional rollercoaster ever since and crying at the drop of a hat*

*Its true but i didn't seek medical attention. its been 6 weeks now and I'm pretty much back to normal.

Juno said:
Vague murmurings of feeling sick and dizzy (involves mumbling alot and looking like you're in a weakened state ;) ) generally result in a nice little note for either gastroenteritis or the more vague 'virus' (depends on how well he/she can spell).

a trip to the doctor with symptoms like this got me diagnosed with vertigo
yeah, vertigo!

i didnt know it was an actual virus but apparently i was infected!
he even made me stand on a chair, just like in the film

george mcfly said:
a trip to the doctor with symptoms like this got me diagnosed with vertigo
yeah, vertigo!

i didnt know it was an actual virus but apparently i was infected!
he even made me stand on a chair, just like in the film

With me symptoms like that are usually the result of a hangover... :( Actually, there was a guy in my class in college who had vertigo and was out for ages. It seemed pretty nasty.

Juno said:
With me symptoms like that are usually the result of a hangover... :( Actually, there was a guy in my class in college who had vertigo and was out for ages. It seemed pretty nasty.

yeah its a lot like being sea-sick
as if in a storm on high seas!

i didnt really have it for that long but apparently it can knock you out for quite a while

arrrr! i must have strong sea legs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back