Do you have a theremin? (1 Viewer)

sarah

Website
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a theremin for a Science Gallery/Trinity college event mid June.
If you know anyone or indeed have one it would be great if you could give me a shout:

sarah (dot) quinn (at) sciencegallery (dot) com

Thanks! p.s. I have already been on to Music Maker, no joy there.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a theremin for a Science Gallery/Trinity college event mid June.
If you know anyone or indeed have one it would be great if you could give me a shout:

sarah (dot) quinn (at) sciencegallery (dot) com

Thanks! p.s. I have already been on to Music Maker, no joy there.

i assume because its for science you actually need the real thing. Otherwise, there are a few free apps for android knocking about.

I haven't read this but it looks interesting

Our Comrade The Electron - Webstock Conference Talk

I want to close with my favorite Termen anecdote, from the end of his life. Termen spent years trying to join the Communist party, and they kept making excuses to turn him away.

When he was ninety years old, he applied again, but they told him that to join he had to take a five-year advanced course in Marxism-Leninism. So he did it. He went to night school and did it.

In 1991, literally weeks before the fall of the Soviet Union, Termen got his party badge. The 95-year-old Bolshevik was briefly the youngest Communist in the country. Naturally people asked him, “Lev Sergeyevich, why on Earth would you join the Communist Party now, when everyone else is leaving?” He gave them the most badass answer imaginable: “I promised Lenin.”

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back