do 'emo kids' know what emo is? (2 Viewers)

grind-core was emo's gettin hardcore, they're definitly heading for electronica next.

don't most kids of a certain age and socio-economic background like getting into some sort of passing music/image/lifestyle package that they think is alternative but actually readily accessible and reassuringly popular?
i don't think "they" are headed anywhere - except university, followed by dull entry-level careers and suburbs;
or a creeping sense of disillusionment and ennui (at which point they start getting into electro)?

jawbox are good alright. what about old hot water music (even though i'm like tote em0 and liked the new stuff as well- lolzzz!) and stuff like leatherface- would that be lumped in here as well?

Christie Front Drive
Elliot
oh yeah, and Taking Back Sunday.

jawbox are good alright. what about old hot water music (even though i'm like tote em0 and liked the new stuff as well- lolzzz!) and stuff like leatherface- would that be lumped in here as well?

Christie Front Drive
Elliot

I'd call Leatherface melodic punk if anything. All music guide calls them good old fashioned punk rock. Maybe we should ask Janer?

Christie Front Drive
Elliot

quicksand

the difference between hot water music and leatherface is that hot water music wrote songs about growing old with your friends and loved ones, and were really nice to everyone and explained what their tattoos meant to them;
whereas leatherface wrote songs about how to make beer and punched our bassist in the face.

holy shit. i forgot about the swing kids. heard they were rock star pricks aswell. And how can we forget husker du!

i guess this new emo shit is really just an extension of numetal. it's all in the same vain and completley un-DIY.

it will pass as will they. Electro doesn't come into it. that ain't going any place any time soon.

hey moose, emo started pretty much in the 80s too.
unless you wanna call bod dylan emo.

I thought it was a lyrics thing? or a lack of posturing thing?

originally anyway, I suppose it's sort of gone full circle anyway.

In the new issue of MRR,Felix Von Havoc sais that the 1st record by Marginal Man was the first record to be described as emo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back