do 'emo kids' know what emo is? (2 Viewers)

i've got a theory:
words change meaning over time.
emo means something else now.
or, it means different things to different people, like "punk".

That's like saying "I've got this theory, it's called the theory of relativity and it goes a little something like this; in your schooldays most of you who read this book made acquaintance with the noble building of Euclid’s geometry, and you remember—perhaps with more respect than love—the magnificent structure, on the lofty staircase of which you were chased about for uncounted hours by conscientious teachers. By reason of your past experience, you would certainly regard every one with disdain ........"

going back to page one, i think y'all forgot jawbreaker. also, new emo's dont have the 'intellectual' black glasses and a book sticking out theyre pockets look, or organise zine symposiums. so i figure emo now is similar to what emo started at except for the good music, the smartness and the creativity/productivness. which pretty much leaves tight t-shirts.:rolleyes:
oh and they replaced misery with contrived teen angst.

Emo is just gay. The bad kind. The kind that's fluffy & scared of hard fucking & fisting. Oh, and I mean "modern emo". Thel ieks of Rites of Spring, Jawbreaker, Embrace never put a foot wrong with me.

So at what point did emo change from nerdy, emotional punk rock to cliched, silly haired mtv music.

KeyWallStu.JPG

can't belive jillface hasn't make a comment about this.

So at what point did emo change from nerdy, emotional punk rock to cliched, silly haired mtv music.

when alkaline trio and jimmy eats world gotpopular
oh and fucking afi. shitehawks

anyways it was always a bit rare wasnt it
i used to get really annoyed too
not cos i felt like someone had discovered our secret
more that you used to know if someone was going to be into the same sort of stuff as you, to an extent
then all of a sudden a few years ago every prick in the land was wearing a refused tshirt and dickies

who cares tho
i'm more into electro myself these days

when alkaline trio and jimmy eats world gotpopular
oh and fucking afi. shitehawks

anyways it was always a bit rare wasnt it
i used to get really annoyed too
not cos i felt like someone had discovered our secret
more that you used to know if someone was going to be into the same sort of stuff as you, to an extent
then all of a sudden a few years ago every prick in the land was wearing a refused tshirt and dickies

who cares tho
i'm more into electro myself these days

I need a date so I can draw a line in the sand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back