dmx? (1 Viewer)

Thayl said:
The Hi-Scores EP is the best thing they've ever done.

right, i'm buying it this week. that track had bleedin' better be on it.

goddamn internet, making me buy stuff.

Thayl said:
Whoever was posting about Smojphace (alias AFX doing a remix of a track by The Bug)

yehja no - i was only talking about the two noise tracks
i hate all that other gimmick electronic shit
if you wanna be funny - go to a standup comedy lcub!1 hah lol

minka said:
right, i'm buying it this week. that track had bleedin' better be on it.

goddamn internet, making me buy stuff.
I don't think there are any tracks on the Hi-Scores EP with that vocal sample you're looking for. It's worth buying anyway though.

-Thayl

Thayl said:
I don't think there are any tracks on the Hi-Scores EP with that vocal sample you're looking for. It's worth buying anyway though.

-Thayl

yeah, i was going to get it regardless - i see it has "everything you do is a balloon" on it, which is rather spiffy.

i'll find that track yet, though.

[shakes fist at sky]

i feel kinda bad, i was able to download most of their catalog using kazaa... but what a song title, eh? 'everything you do is a balloon'... i actually know someone like that :)

minka said:
yeah, i was going to get it regardless - i see it has "everything you do is a balloon" on it, which is rather spiffy.

i'll find that track yet, though.

[shakes fist at sky]

Hokay, most of this has been said before but these are all excellent:

In a beautiful place out in the country by boards of canada
Anything by Prefuse 73 - particularly the '92 vs '02 EP
Folly by fortdax - my favourite album of the year so far
Nothing Changes Under The Sun by Blue States
Deadringer by RJD2

Ed said:
Anything by Prefuse 73 - particularly the '92 vs '02 EP
his least good shit (it's ok...i'd love to hear the crunked out dirty south beats he used to make for a living)

Deadringer by RJD2

so unimpressive. guy sounds like a jumped up moby half the time. 'june' with copywrite is awesome though. oh he was pretty mindbending at the def jux night too.

andrew

ps - the new Viktor Vaughn (mf doom!) is amazing. what's up with me and "mf doom is amazing" every 2 seconds? am i really that amazed by it?

billygannon said:
What Cex album should I get?

Cex has a coupla different sides to him...for his earlier IDM stuff , some of which is damn good !!!..check out Role Model (tigerbeat6) or Oops I did it again (Tigerbeat6/Rock Action).

For his kool keith/white boy rap storytelling stuff (which he does live) check out Tall, Dark and Handcuffed (tigerbeat6).

I have not heard his new one yet..'Being Ridden'..apparently it is good.

A lot of people HATE his hip-hop stuff, though you really must experience it live and in the flesh, it is great, and he puts on a good show.

I think he started doing it cos he was bored of sitting behind a laptop all serious and stuff, and wanted to be express himself more...which is fair enough i guess.

Thayl said:
Boards of Canada have released some great stuff. The Hi-Scores EP is the best thing they've ever done. It was originally on Skam records and got re-released on Warp recently. The 8-track EP/album Twoism also got re-released on Warp and is worth getting. Copies of that used to go for 600 sterling on Ebay before it was re-released. Suckers.

Their latest album Geogaddi isn't the best. It has around three or four good tracks on it though.

If you're buying a Cex album get Role Model on Tigerbeat6.

Whoever was posting about Smojphace (alias AFX doing a remix of a track by The Bug) should go and get the AFX 808 State remix as it's a billion times better. (That was the first "Men records" release)

-Thayl

agree with you on Geogaddi. big disappointment
Hi-Scores is cool
Music Has The Right... is a classic
Peel Session 12" is also worth getting - Happy Cycling is a brilliant tune and is not available anywhere else

Isan anyone?
highly recommended. best of the Morr Music bunch.

and that Slowdive tribute album .|..|

nlgbbbblth said:
Isan anyone?
highly recommended. best of the Morr Music bunch.
i've only heard that one with the blue cover,the title had something to do with cats.Very good.
Anyone heard com.a's shot of love on tigerbeat6,brilliant fun it is.
And by the sound of it,prefuse 73's new album is one of the best albums this year.
MF Doom also has a new one out under the alias "King Geedora".S'posed to be excellent,well that's what pitchfork said anyway.

RAD-ALARM said:
his least good shit (it's ok...i'd love to hear the crunked out dirty south beats he used to make for a living)

so unimpressive. guy sounds like a jumped up moby half the time. 'june' with copywrite is awesome though. oh he was pretty mindbending at the def jux night too.

andrew

ps - the new Viktor Vaughn (mf doom!) is amazing. what's up with me and "mf doom is amazing" every 2 seconds? am i really that amazed by it?

Shut Up! Shut Up! Shut Up! Shut Up! Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!Shut Up!

Seriously though, i reckon the '92 vs '02 ep is as good as anything on either album.

RJD2 is much better live than he is on rekkid, but i think some of his stuff is amazing, ghostwriter is savage, and there's a 12" called here's what's left which is pretty stunning, got a really good remix of two more dead on it.

i'm actually just being a prick for the sake of it. but i'm right on everything i've said so far. well i think so. all city have got the MadLib shades of blue album......

oh there's a track with M. Sayyid on the vik vaughn album. ahssssome.

RAD-ALARM said:
i'm actually just being a prick for the sake of it. but i'm right on everything i've said so far. well i think so.

Of course you'd think you're right, it doesn't mean you are, it's become pretty clear that i'm right and you're wrong about absolutly everything*

*except the stuff you're right about

RAD-ALARM said:
....which is like everything! yay we both win!

andrew

Go us!!

You checked out the NMS album yet?
New black eyed peas = weak

Ed said:
Go us!!

You checked out the NMS album yet?
New black eyed peas = weak

nah mang - i was listening to company flow earlier and remembered i've never heard 'plantation rhymes' either - i'll try and cop all that shit. never liked shit like black eyed peas.

have you heard new Murs, SS Smash or C-Rayz Walz yet?
not getting anything like the promotion Lif got when his stuff was coming out...shit is starting to look like Can Ox, El-P, Aesop Rock and their less talented friends at this stage...
the bits of the murs album i heard didn't sound good at all. the track with aesrock was horrible. omg! def jux fell off!

RAD-ALARM said:
nah mang - i was listening to company flow earlier and remembered i've never heard 'plantation rhymes' either - i'll try and cop all that shit. never liked shit like black eyed peas.

have you heard new Murs, SS Smash or C-Rayz Walz yet?
not getting anything like the promotion Lif got when his stuff was coming out...shit is starting to look like Can Ox, El-P, Aesop Rock and their less talented friends at this stage...
the bits of the murs album i heard didn't sound good at all. the track with aesrock was horrible. omg! def jux fell off!

Heard a bit of the murs stuff, didn't think it was awful but wasn't motivated to buy it.

nlgbbbblth said:
Peel Session 12" is also worth getting - Happy Cycling is a brilliant tune and is not available anywhere else

Happy Cycling was on the American release of Music Has The Right To Children. *touches self and steam rises*

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back