the strange guy said:
Who else has some un-punk heroes?
my top 5 unpunk heroes in not particular order
Rodney Mullen
Oscar Wilde
Picasso
Noam Chomsky
Ali Boullala

- remember those names folks, they're gonna be the new a-team!

Oh..and the Priest who was up in court for the Shannon protest incident.He rules.
As well as those guys who stop bear training/cruelty all over this world.

weeler said:
I dont buy their records, I download them, nick them off my sister or they get donated by philanthropic shoplifters.

(sorry "i is john" couldn't make your name into a relevent pun)

awww.......... makes me fell all warm inside

still cant see why you like oscar wilde and thursday though, its probably Morrissey's fault..... him and his irony

the strange guy said:
Who else has some un-punk heroes? Brian Harvey from E17 was another favourite. Telling kids that taking 12 pills a night won't fuck you up. I got up to 4 and thought I was going to die. What a funny bastard!

What about Aidan Walsh lads? My greatest hero of all time. HE wasn't DIY, but he always has time to talk to you and always likes to help the young bands. And lets not forget the 'Community Games'.

I hope one day for Puget Sound to be as famous as Aidan Walsh is. And we'll always have time to help the young lads, I promise.

São Paulo Punk said:
What about Aidan Walsh lads? My greatest hero of all time. HE wasn't DIY, but he always has time to talk to you and always likes to help the young bands. And lets not forget the 'Community Games'.

I hope one day for Puget Sound to be as famous as Aidan Walsh is. And we'll always have time to help the young lads, I promise.

anybody else see aidin walsh on that bachelors walk program last night?
classic, he was a dirty builder
should have given him some more lines though...

weeler said:
Well, im wearing a (stolen) Funeral for a Friend T-shirt so i guess this might in some way relate to me. Maybe those "kids" have rethought their position on diy/the scene/mtv2 and decided what parts are and aren't right for them.
:rolleyes:
Err, I actually didn't know about that so I wasn't having a go at you personally or anything.Just so you know.I had other people I know in mind.

mac warzonescum said:
Stating the obvious here: working within the DIY scene is no excuse for being a knob. Don't work with them.
I don't.And I wouldn't.Unfortunately friends of mine have made the mistake of doing so over the years though..I'm sure you have similar horror stories and all.We can compare notes on friday if you want :p

weeler said:
am i supposed to pretend i dont like a band because they're not diy?
I listen to plenty of DIY emo/crust/hc and all that jazz.
But what am I to do when i also find aphex twin, JT and all the corporate emo bands enticing?
Close my ears because they're not diy?
Would other punx do the same?

two words - Iron Maiden..
Indeed.Hence the "i don't give a shit" speech last night, that was what I was trying (and probably failing!) to put across.
Wow, who'd have actually thought I'd agree with weeler :)

god, 3 posts on one thread..I need to log off.Sorry for boring y'all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back