DIY Fest 2004 31st July (2 Viewers)

The confirmed line-up for this is

The Spungos
Estel
Ten Past Seven

(in that order)

don't suppose anyone wants to bring a guitar amp along? coz we're kinda stuck for a second amp.

how come when great things like this happen they always clash with other events?? Surely there must be some way everyone could ensure their events dont clash???

anyone?

weeler said:
how come when great things like this happen they always clash with other events?? Surely there must be some way everyone could ensure their events dont clash???

anyone?
You could start with a calendar thing on the site that IS updated regularly. I'd sugest a list that says DATE/BAND(S)/CITY/VENUE/PROMOTER.
I was going to suggest it before but don't have time to do it myself - does anyone else have the time?

Alrite just wanna say thanks to a few people who the whole thing wouldnt have been possible without

Willie -couldnt a pulled it all off without him!
Ciaran -dido
Natalia -dido
Dave (Harry) for the sound on such short notice
Tamarack,Damo,Jill,Ed,Sean and Niall for the workshops
Oran, Brook & Shorty for lugging the drum kit across town (cheers Oran!)
Trey and Marianne for doing the door for like 4 hours or something!
Conor for too many things to mention
Erin, Cian, Nooly, Derek and all the food not bombs crew
Ten Past Seven (who doubled as both musicaians and comedians!), The Spungos & Estel for playing (duh!)
The people who did distros
Caren
The Project
everyone who came along and supported it.

The other people who I've undoubtadely forgotten -cheers

No thanks to those two dickheads from the Olympia.

jeez the feckin oscars or wha!

The finances from the gig are as follows:

Total door money
: 370 euro

Expenses:
-front of house person (compulsary) -E 60
-travel& parking expenses for 7:10 -E 50
-sound engineer -E 40
-photocopying -E 5
-bands (E25 each) -E 75
-taxi for equipment -E 20

which leaves E 120 to print up the first Irish DIY guide

niallmc said:
You could start with a calendar thing on the site that IS updated regularly. I'd sugest a list that says DATE/BAND(S)/CITY/VENUE/PROMOTER.
I was going to suggest it before but don't have time to do it myself - does anyone else have the time?
I saw another forum that had threads for "july gigs" etc so that month was somewhat contained within that thread. Obviously if it was only used for gig anouncements and people didnt go on about other crap it may work easier than a calender type thing that needed constant updating. could be handier than "any good gigs coming up" posts.
And yes i'm bummed that I missed this but not at the fact that it was because I was on tour.

maybe 3 threads total? this month and the next two. of course if it wasnt for all the useless shit in the gigs thread it would probably work fine.

niallmc said:
Right so - seeing as noone else could be bothered I've started a listing thing. A very rough draft is on www.thumped.com/hope/RptGigsByDate.html Give me a few more days and I'll get it sorted a bit better.
Mail any suggestions to [email protected] and if you want any gigs added then mail me also

in fairness guys i think it is up to the people organising stuff to make sure things dont clash, and sometimes when it does happen its totally unavoidable (like in this instance).

did you just do that one up niall??? its massive!!
we should have a few confirmed upcoming gigs soon as well.

niallmc said:
Right so - seeing as noone else could be bothered I've started a listing thing. A very rough draft is on www.thumped.com/hope/RptGigsByDate.html Give me a few more days and I'll get it sorted a bit better.
Mail any suggestions to [email protected] and if you want any gigs added then mail me also
Shit!! Niall,you're a brave man taking that on. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for people to not bother sending in stuff.

Yeah!, in the four years I've had a gig database up for anyone to add to, I could probably count the number of people that have actually added stuff to it on the one hand!!!

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Shit!! Niall,you're a brave man taking that on. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for people to not bother sending in stuff.

shay.. i dont know you but any chance you cud burn me anything by death before disco?

Shay HT said:
Yeah!, in the four years I've had a gig database up for anyone to add to, I could probably count the number of people that have actually added stuff to it on the one hand!!!
Shay, that listing looks good. I don't go on the web that often and usually stick to this site - I was unaware that there was a gig listing on your comprehensive site

damien said:
in fairness guys i think it is up to the people organising stuff to make sure things dont clash, and sometimes when it does happen its totally unavoidable (like in this instance).

did you just do that one up niall??? its massive!!
we should have a few confirmed upcoming gigs soon as well.
Yeah Damien, I thought it might be a good idea. I'll be updating it over the next few days (and then regularly after that). Let's know what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back