Distro update december 2006: Bear Proof Suit, Krunchies (1 Viewer)

THIJS

Hi there,

Here's the update for this month. If you want to order records, send
me an email and please mention where you live so i can tell you what
amount of postage to charge you. For a full list please email me back.

I´M BASED IN THE NETHERLANDS!

thijs_bar_en_boos @hotmail.com

Here's the list, read descriptions below:

NEW RECORDS IN STOCK:

Army of Jesus - Book Bomb 7" EP (Criminal IQ Records)
Bear Proof Suit - Science Is Dead 7" EP (Criminal IQ Records)
Black And Whites, The - Bad Expectations 7" EP (Shattered Records)
Krunchies - Interrobang 7" EP (Criminal IQ Records)
Krunchies - In The Winkel LP (Criminal IQ Records)
M.O.T.O. - Raw Power LP (Criminal IQ Records)
Manhandlers - Manhandlers LP (Criminal IQ Records)
Rat Traps - New Flash 7" EP (Shattered Records)
Rotten Fruits - Abomination 7" EP (Criminal IQ Records)
Sneaky Pinks - I Can't Wait 7" EP (Rubber Vomit Records)
Angry Angles / Digital Leather Split 7" EP (Shattered Records)

Mailorder Update:

Army of Jesus - Book Bomb 7" EP
Criminal IQ Records 4,00 euro
"Army of Jesus from Texas, while not as unique as say The Big Boys, channel a few generations of guitar noise destruction from 50s mutants like Link Wray to 60s acid damaged guitarrorists like Michael Yonkers , Blue Cheer, and Red Crayola to 70s science fiction/post dada shock troops paving the way for 70s punk like Rocket From The Tombs and Debris to no wave to the 80s punk-metal fusion meltdowns that animated countless pits, and extremes in modern metal and noise all within the first 50 seconds of the intro to "Mia Culpa." That they were capable of evoking the musical continuum hardcore came from as well as the basics of hardcore without diminishing either is a testament to their potential. Army of Jesus have it in them to make themselves as distinguishable as many great hardcore bands have done before."

Bear Proof Suit - Science Is Dead 7" EP
"Wisconsin. A state that has brought us off-kilter underground trailblazers like Die Kreuzen, Tar Babies, Killdozer, Couch Flambeau, and AluminumKnotEye now unleashes the next generation of this twisted family tree: BEAR PROOF SUIT. BPS not only manage to court an early 80s hardcore sound, but build upon it with some choice mid 70’s proto-metal riffage (like B.O.C. and Sabbath!) and a cool Wipers-like non-hardcore/psyche/surf groove attack (Note: The version of the Wipers “Upfront” on their debut 7” and is performed with as much drive and power as the original!). All of this is delivered with a monstrous wall-of-guitars blast intended from the start to blow speakers AND minds. An awesome feat from an almost impossible band. Their lyrical explorations are as relevant (who can’t identify with an issue like having bad credit?), as they are absurd (betting your soul against a microscope of gold that you can outwit God!). Wisconsinian absurd!"

Black And Whites, The - Bad Expectations 7" EP
Shattered Records 4,00 euro
"Another fine Shattered release from Alix & Jay. Which is Talbot Adams` new brain child. You might remember him from the JENNY JEANS and the DUTCH MASTERS. Great '77 punk taking bits from the likes of the RAMONES, REAL KIDS, etc. and doing it VERY well...not to be missed."

Krunchies - Interrobang 7" EP
"This is the Krunchies debut single! 6 hyper-speed explosions of hyper punk rock. Full color cover with lyric sheet inside."

Krunchies - In The Winkel LP
Criminal IQ Records 10,00 euro
"Chicago punk trio sensations follow up their great single for CriminalIQ with and equally rippin' album, on black vinyl LP and CD! "snotty, screechy, loud, and screaming - with the tempos bordering on hardcore" If ya like punk, then meet yer new favorite band!"

M.O.T.O. - Raw Power LP
"The latest from a band that has more releases than most record labels! Caporino and the boys deliver again in only the way they can with those infectious catchy tunes."

Manhandlers - Manhandlers LP
"With twelve songs in less than 22 minutes, these gals fall somewhere between the BEASTIE BOYS back when they were a ~punk~ band, THE SLITS, and BABES IN TOYLAND! Total "fuck you" punk-in-ya-face! Angry yet witty, fierce but heartfelt - what they lack in complexity & virtuosity they more than make up for with tight DIY production and the occasional guitar solos!"

Rat Traps - New Flash 7" EP
"Southern trash at it’s best. Great KBD punkrock. Jeffrey Novak plays drums and sings and his sister scream her lungs out as well (and her husband too I think..). Great shit. Don’t miss out on this. Catchy songs and a great sound that can be traced back to the Reatards but doesn’t sound like a rip off. Yeah, get this before it’s too late."

Rotten Fruits - Abomination 7" EP
"Self proclaimed “Gayest Band in Chicago”, The Rotten Fruits offer up this Uber-Spazzy 7” guaranteed to give you a chuckle. When we ran the ROTTEN FRUITS 7” we had reviewers all over the place crying out WTF? Try listening to side one of this and turning to side two without laughing out loud at the absurdity of it all – it’s impossible. One for the music snobs here. FULL FRONTAL UK “I sat there and laughed as I couldn´t believe these would be put out on record! Maybe they work better live when everyones pissed up and having fun?” Excellent stuff…ahem Thankfully MRR seemed to get it the gist of it. These queer punks have made a funny EP here. The animated, snotty and whiny vocals spew shockingly naughty messages. Their music can be a little simple, sloppy, and subdued, but the vocals elevate the energy and propel the songs into some serious absurdity. For example "Skinhead Boys,"a ska style tune, works well with the whole skinhead homosexual adventure-it leaves me weak-kneed and light-headed! Bold, brash, and beautiful!” We’ll leave it up to you."

Sneaky Pinks - Sneaky Pinks 7" EP
Rubber Vomit Records 5,00 euro
"Sheer retardo Ramones genius. Lyrics like "Gimme mediocre, gimme tapioca" are what the Donnas should've never abandoned. B-side ends with a fresh-ass locked groove drumbeat so the dance party can last all night. These guys wear capes when they play live and end their set with a cover of "Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World" complete with a pantomime of their arms crossed over their chests (this symbolizing "love") followed by a proper Third Reich "Sieg Heil" salute, (symbolizing "the world"). Let's just hope these guys know how to fight a two-front"

Angry Angles / Digital Leather Split 7" EP
"Awesome pairing of ANGRY ANGLES with DIGITAL LEATHER... Alix sings "In My Room," poppy, angry, and melancholy at the same time. Digital Leather's "Ruby Queen" is more perfect lo-fi off-balance synth pop that's catchy and creepy at the same time..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back