District 9 (1 Viewer)

I really liked it - very original. It was fanatastic up until it got a 'plot' and it seemed like it couldn't make up its mind to be a docu-Drama or aAction flick.

That being said it was still great - Alien racism is funny :) (not to mention Nigerian Stereotypes). The lead actor played a blinder and Chris Jr needs the CGI oscar.

A bit of action to satisfy the ole US of A. Sill though never felt such loathing for a protagonist in film before

Best film i've seen in the cinema in aaaages.. It's always a bonus when the protagonist is absolutely hateful.... great effects, I didn't expect it to be so gory-
lots of people explosions:)

I read somewhere that Blomkamp said he wanted to have a bit of a violent edge like movies such total recall / robocop etc. He didn't go quite so far down that route, but yeah, guts... glad it wasn't PG. Wish it was 18s.

Seems to be a bit of a resurgence in sci fi recently, saw adds before the film for another couple of earth/alien films. One of em-Avatar looks like it could be entertaining though its quitelikely that it wont be. Moon was cool as was the new Star Trek. But i digress. Any idea why they chose Johannesburg?

Seems to be a bit of a resurgence in sci fi recently, saw adds before the film for another couple of earth/alien films. One of em-Avatar looks like it could be entertaining though its quitelikely that it wont be. Moon was cool as was the new Star Trek. But i digress. Any idea why they chose Johannesburg?

I would assume because of the comparison to apartheid?

The whole gore/explosions thing was a result of Peter Jackson's involvement. Seems like he wanted to get more use out of his FX company so got all these action scenes put in.

The whole gore/explosions thing was a result of Peter Jackson's involvement. Seems like he wanted to get more use out of his FX company so got all these action scenes put in.

i have to say when he gets into that suit, it's one of the best movie visualizations of big fuck off techy machinery blowing shit up i've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back