Dismemberment Plan (1 Viewer)

needtokill said:
I appear to have had all my Dismemberment Plan cds destroyed.
If anyone would be kind enough can tape/burn them for me I'd appreciate it.
thanks.
their whole discography is available online in realplayer format www.dismembermentplan.com

dont think you can copy realplayer tho. bummer, i'd copy you some but my burner is in the repair shop. they were the greatest pop band EVER.

seriously - what am i not getting about this band? explain it to me...

i saw them on their last tour when i was in america last summer
reasons why i thought they were worse than a 9 year old killing themselves:

- rubbish songs
- were the dorkiest unfunniest white people imaginable (seriously - i know i'm second worst, but these guys are winning by a mile)
- attracted the worst people in the world who were behaving like they were 15 year old girls watching the beatles in 1965 or something (and that was just the guys)
- way too much hugging

(asides: expensive; shit venue; 5 dollars for thimble of beer)

andrew

jeez andrew, i dunno, maybe its one of those crazy differences of opinion that people seem to get from time to time.

holy.shit.what.the.fuck?

nah seriously - maybe i'll just ask jamie, he's good at explaingin things...i didn't imagine in a bazillion years he would have liked them and him and me like similar shit...

andrew
ps - their lead singer supported the war on iraq! nazi!

didnt the singer from dismemberment plan write a big pro-war essay and post it on their webpage when u.s. invaded iraq?

fuck those guys.

damien said:
didnt the singer from dismemberment plan write a big pro-war essay and post it on their webpage when u.s. invaded iraq?

fuck those guys.
yeah he did- funny thing tho, after i read that i listened to their music and guess what? it sounded exactly the same as it did before i read it! and even weirder- it was still brilliant!!!

fuck censorship (in all directions).

never heard their music.

after i read that i didnt want to.

i'll trust andy's judgement on most things.

I'm with B To The Spree to be honest... Dismemberment Plan were a fucking incredible band, whatever about their politics. And i think i'd kill myself if i lost all their cds... but I can see this turning into a music vs politics debate.

Bring on the debates!!!!

Rimbaud said:
Never heard of em.
Dismember...Pro-war...these guys are into some heavy shit i take it...

i
I don't really give a shit to be honest.
Damo, your concern is understandable, but does it stop you or Andy listening to Slayer?I bet it doesn't.

best pop band ever?Dunno, I reckon that'd be Talking Heads or Smart Went Crazy or B52s.But DP would be top 5 at least.

i was being fecetious when i said the thing about them being pro war - i couldn't give a shit. they were really really bad live - my friend who i went with likes them and even he couldn't handle how painful they were to watch. engine down played too and they sucked balls and some band that sounded like belle and sebastian with laptops. the whole thing was just set up to be the worst night ever.

andrew

needtokill said:
I don't really give a shit to be honest.
Damo, your concern is understandable, but does it stop you or Andy listening to Slayer?I bet it doesn't.

best pop band ever?Dunno, I reckon that'd be Talking Heads or Smart Went Crazy or B52s.But DP would be top 5 at least.
Hey - i was only taking the piss, i don`t really care myself.
I listen to the Manic Street Preachers when i get tired of hardcore.

M.BISON said:
yo - if you're gonna correct my spelling, at least spell it correctly, yourbadself.

andrew
i wasn't correcting it, i was respelling it but with more faeces, british spelling not american

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back