disciplining the chile. (1 Viewer)

I don't know how to do it so generally she gets away with naughtiness. I am not going to shout at a toddler and certainly not going to hit her so I usually just move her away from the shards of glass/hot stove/domestos/decaying foodstuffs etc.

My mother thinks I am too easy on her but you can't reason with a baby and I'm not going to start spazzing out at her (yet) so removal from the offending item is your best bet. Having said that, she legged it away from me holding a scissors, sharp side up the other day so I let a demented shriek and she got the fright of her life and let go straight away.

"Hang the boy, can't I never learn anything? Ain't he played me tricks enough like that for me to be looking out for him by this time? But old fools is the biggest fools there is. Can't learn an old dog new tricks, as the saying is. But my goodness, he never plays them alike, two days, and how is a body to know what's coming? He 'pears to know just how long he can torment me before I get my dander up, and he knows if he can make out to put me off for a minute or make me laugh, it's all down again and I can't hit him a lick. I ain't doing my duty by that boy, and that's the Lord's truth, goodness knows. Spare the rod and spile the child, as the Good Book says. I'm a laying up sin and suffering for us both, I know."

I got into a big row with egg_ jr. early on over something trivial and stood my ground and then felt like a real prick, so now I let her do whatever she wants mostly.

Exceptions:
- drawing on something that's not paper (solution: remove drawing implement)
- climbing on the door of the dishwasher (solution: remove child)

There's probably others too, all my remedies involve telling her "no" or "No!" or "NO!!!" and then moving either her or whatever tool she's now using to endanger herself

anyone else have a bold step?

I do, but she sadly she loves it and sits there happily and sings to herself, when you ask her does she want to get up and come back and be good she says no... this goes on for hours... though her mother has the same thing and it gets more of a reaction, so maybe it's just a matter of persisting with it

It's scary when one day you turn around and you see the chizzler about too crayon the washing machine and your mouth opens and your Da's voice comes out... :eek:

Isabelle says to me the other day - "Isaba not good, Isaba bad"
We've never told her she's bad, dunno where she's getting it.
Then she said "Isaba find a prince to marry Isaba". And we had to go out the door and down the road in the dark to find the prince. Eventually she came to a hole in the wall down by the graveyard and says "He's not in his cave". And then we went home

Isabelle says to me the other day - "Isaba not good, Isaba bad"
We've never told her she's bad, dunno where she's getting it.
Then she said "Isaba find a prince to marry Isaba". And we had to go out the door and down the road in the dark to find the prince. Eventually she came to a hole in the wall down by the graveyard and says "He's not in his cave". And then we went home

All signs point to this guy:
200px-Michael_jackson_bad_cd_cover_1987_cdda.jpg

"Hang the boy, can't I never learn anything? Ain't he played me tricks enough like that for me to be looking out for him by this time? But old fools is the biggest fools there is. Can't learn an old dog new tricks, as the saying is. But my goodness, he never plays them alike, two days, and how is a body to know what's coming? He 'pears to know just how long he can torment me before I get my dander up, and he knows if he can make out to put me off for a minute or make me laugh, it's all down again and I can't hit him a lick. I ain't doing my duty by that boy, and that's the Lord's truth, goodness knows. Spare the rod and spile the child, as the Good Book says. I'm a laying up sin and suffering for us both, I know."

are you an aunt then?

What about smacking yizzer kids ? not that I have any myself, but I got the very seldom whack across the hole when I was being a little shite and I reckon i got what was coming to me. Is it out because it's impossible to draw the line? Or just because? I don't think it teaches violence , or anything like that. what do youse think as parents? Do many of you have kids over, say , five years of age? even bing crosby would balk at striking a toddler. i hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back