Discharge in the Sunday Times (1 Viewer)

cesspooldublin

New Discharge got 4 out of 5 in the Sunday Times magazine today.They complain about how they use more words instead of the "Discharge Haikus" and have the "steady beat of German techno". Bizarre.

I saw that review.Mad shit altogether.

DISCHARGE fucking sell outs.

On a more serious note I think this is our time dudes.Punks third wave is coming.
Fucking Moet for the lads and 20000 kids on EIRECORE!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!

Forgot that I had this, got my hands on it agesss ago, that's if we're talking about "Disensitive".
On track 2 now and gotta say I think the sound is excellent....very impressed with the 1st 2 tracks so far anyway...will def burn this and also burn a copy for Antiqued Rice who is a massive Discharge fan, will be interesting to hear his verdict..

/actually phoned him and he likes it too, I'd forgotten I'd burned and gave a copy to him!

Yeah Discharge are over rated big time.

Couple of crackers but on the whole MEH.

Ain't no feeble bastard is one of theres right?

Forgot that I had this, got my hands on it agesss ago, that's if we're talking about "Disensitive".
On track 2 now and gotta say I think the sound is excellent....very impressed with the 1st 2 tracks so far anyway...will def burn this and also burn a copy for Antiqued Rice who is a massive Discharge fan, will be interesting to hear his verdict..

/actually phoned him and he likes it too, I'd forgotten I'd burned and gave a copy to him!
I see The old age is getting to you a bit!!!

Here is the review:

"Discharge’s 1982 debut, Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing, was voted the greatest punk album ever in a Terrorizer magazine poll. Today, the Stoke-on-Trent anarchists’ relentlessly punitive music retains the on-beat precision of German techno, the filthy fretwork of Motörhead and the righteous fury of a fundamentalist cell. Sadly, the new vocalist, Tony Rat, is required to articulate more complex critiques than his predecessor, Cal Morris, who could reduce the most troublesome political issues to brayed haikus, but with unemployment on the rise and the imminent seizure of domestic power by an Etonian cabal, Discharge’s once dated indignation couldn’t seem more appropriate."

I've got a NEVER AGAIN tshirt mind you.The one with the budgie on a sword.Tis class.Bit small for me now with the beer belly but.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back