DIRTY PROJECTORS + YACHT - WHELAN'S APRIL 30 (1 Viewer)

I told Vinnie I was going to this and he made a crude masturbatory gesture.

So absolutely no one is going to this?

Last time was a fairly empty / not totally full (delete as applicable) also. There was literally only a handfull of people listening to Northstation - though I can hardly blame anyone for that.

I'll be there with bells on unless there's extra time in which case I haven't decided what I'll do...

wood if i cud

Apart from missing the start due to eventually disappointing extra, and the ridiculously loud chattering from what was a small crowd at the end, this was very very good.

The New Attitude sounds even sharper than the Rise Above tunes, and the two new ones were also fucking excellent.

Thanks Foggy!

What about the dancin'? And the... band looking pissed off when they walked off stage?

yer one with the long hair had a moany sour puss on her the whole gig. The other one thanked the 'dancing girls', then yer man started talking and the moany one cut him off saying to just play the song. It was just that long haired one. She could do with lightening up a bit. Them girls were a tiny bit obnoxious ('Indie crowds don't dance'), but they were just having a bit of crack to be fair.

Aye, they didn't bother me, really. I think yer wan and Longstreth were pissed off. Wasn't sure if he brought Rise Above way down just to hear them raver kids yappin' away.

Just went to see Yacht who I thought were well entertaining.

Jasus your woman.

Swoooooooon.

:heart:

I posted this in the horn thread;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yacht/2455676590/

also, check out his photo stream. plenty of cool shots of the Claire chick

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yacht/page1/
2444487562_31bb2ddd24.jpg

what a stunner! :eek:

:):):)

My girlfriend got repeatedly bashed by those dancing maniacs, but besides that, it was pretty great. New stuff sounds amazing. Longstreth has an amazing ostrich-like neck.

sometimes facial expressions can be misleading - particularly when concentrating on playing music. that lady is actually one of the brightest, happiest people you could ever meet.

yer one with the long hair had a moany sour puss on her the whole gig. The other one thanked the 'dancing girls', then yer man started talking and the moany one cut him off saying to just play the song. It was just that long haired one. She could do with lightening up a bit. Them girls were a tiny bit obnoxious ('Indie crowds don't dance'), but they were just having a bit of crack to be fair.

sometimes facial expressions can be misleading - particularly when concentrating on playing music. that lady is actually one of the brightest, happiest people you could ever meet.

I'm glad to hear that because she seemed to me not to be enjoying herself at all, and thats never nice.

as you say, facial expressions can be misleading. Happily, that was the case here.

There's poor quality vids of the new songs on youtube. Not from Dublin gig I don't think. Great tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back