Dillinger in Dublin (2 Viewers)

brianMy Remorse

Website
www.myremorse.com
Like the title says,
Dillinger Escape Plan as part of the Heineken Green Energy Festival,
Dublin June 4th.
dont know the venue yet, itll be my third time seein em, slightly gone off them lately but the new stuff will hopefully be worth it.

June..
Dillinger
Morrisey
Iggy and the Stooges
the Distillers
Metallica
Him
Machine Head
Anthrax
Korn

when have we had so many gigs? granted a lot of them are shite, but you know what im getting at.

I was talking about this with some people last weekend at the TrashFest...apparently the throwing the mic stand into the crowd is a regular trick.

You like how I threw in the TrashFest reference like that?

I'll move on as soon as those fuckers are DEAD! DEAD!
Throwing mic stands are for gays, it's the fucking the pint glass into the crowd and spitting at good looking bar maids that gets up MY NOSE.

with a corporate rock line up like this the admission is at least 100.000 euros i bet.

way too much for only seeing DEP, who will play maybe 30 minutes on a 4 meter high stage.:eek:

edit: though i would like to see morrissey ;)

I love Dillinger Escape Plan. Absolutely love them. Seen them twice, and if I could, I'd be going to this as well. I don't think anyone is holding a gun to anybody's head and forcing them to go to this, are they?AS for the drummer's "macho asshole" problem, I could be wrong but I remember at the time his machoness amounted to refusing to feel he had to justify why the singer threw shit at people.Which is fair enough.If you've got a problem with the singer,then surely you go to the singer.

I don't think the singer of CATHARSIS pissing on the stage in the Temple has met with the widespread condemnation DEP have, probably because CATHARSIS are everyone's heros,and to be honest that's far more outrageous and offensive to me than what happens at a corporate rock gig.

Incidentally, seeing as we're talking about venues being trashed, reknowned venue trashers EINSTURZENDE NEUBAUTEN are playing this weekend..anyone else going?

You think DEP are bad for throwing a few mic stands around?NEUBAUTEN drilled through the floor of the ICA in London with jackhammers.

Oh, and OXBOW, who are far more threatening and macho than DEP might be back too.

i was at the dublin and limerick gigs and they are amazing live. Mr Strange Guy, you are right about the pint glass, me, alan and a few mates were right up the front when he smashed the glass and that was out of order, no one goes to a gig to be assaulted.

Clodagh, how did you get the impression the drummer was a macho asshole? Anything happen?
Just wondering cos i interviewed him and one of the guitarists before the gig and they were exceptionally nice guys. just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back