Digital recording from minidisk to PC (1 Viewer)

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
In relation to an old post which suggested the following:

...Most minidiscs have an digital/optical line out as well as an alanalog line out (headphone mini-jack). For about £30 you can get a Fostex optcial to digital converter, which if used in conjunction with a digital sound card (like the soundblaster live, v.cheap at about £125)...

Where is a good place in our Fair City to get this sort of gear?

try that dj place beside the george on the corner or georges street: they have an enormous amount of gear like that (well they used to, i think they have moved)..
also i thinkyou might have trouble saving the tracks (ie: they will be far too big) are you planning to convert to mp3 or winamp-compatable?
i hope thats helpful..

i've no problem as far as software is concerned - will be converting to wav and mp3. just want to know is there any store in Dublin that specializes in this sort of equipment - digital soundcards, digital inputs etc. lorcanzo, i think you're talking about richer sounds and they're down on the quays again near the ha'penny bridge.

ta... should've known actually - have a few mates who throw amps and pedals together and they're always in pete's... also said toystore is maasseeeeve
a bit like jungle

Now people have started shamelessly
promoting shops that they don't even work for. Where's all this going to end?? Godammit someone's even promoting cables in general.

E-Bola : Ireland's Premier E-Business. Putting the ill into Still Solvent since January 2001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back