Digital download stores for irish charts (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
Can anyone recommend the best site for selling your band's MP3s?
Or linkage to a similar previous thread, as this has probably been asked before.

Does the band set the cost price?
What percentage of the cost price does the site take?
Is it easier/better to go for something like outersounds.ie instead of itunes?
Do you have a better chance of the Chart folk (imra?) taking a sample of sales from itunes, than from outersounds?

So many questions...

My friend puts his music on downloadmusic.ie and he has no complaints. I dunno what the split is. He also sells on cdbaby.com which will put your music on iTunes and other download stores as well as sell the physical cd for you. I think there's a number, i can't recall the technical name that you need for your release in order to qualify for a chart placing. Eh I wish i could be more specific but check out those two links and they'll give you more info.

Hi there, an article in last years Hotpress (forget which issue) had a peice on online downloads. It named the sites that count towards the Irish singles chart this list as of the time that article was printed (may well have changed since then was)was.........
There are eights sites included in the ctarts iTunes, Vodafone, Mycokemusic, Eircom Music Club, Sony Connect, Bleep, Wippit, easyMusic.

I dont know where your trying to place yerself in the market or indeed if this info is any use to ye but tis' all the help I can provide Im afraid. :)
All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back