Digital Cameras (1 Viewer)

Zeelander

Website
www.myspace.com
keep you eye on ebay there is loads of shops selling refurb cameras that are really really good, just ask inspector horse he got one of them! you can get some good quality professional ones for about 350-400

yeh i gots this for 300e or so on ebay, well happy with it , loads of features, still havent learnt half of them. so shop around, you should get something good for half the price of the shops

KonicaMinolta_DimageA200.jpg

Zeelander said:
Hey folks, I think I should I move with the times and get a digital camera. I just want one for fun; nothing too professional, impressive or expensive. I don't know dick about what I ought to look for. I like this one cos it looks fly, but for all I know it's rubbish:
http://www.polaroid.com/global/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441763583&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574488338793&bmUID=1130243475383

See, it's pretty. Should I be taking anything else into consideration?
that camera does look funky but doesnt have an optical zoom, so any zooming makes the pictures look pixely n shit.

canon ones have good enough zoom, easy to use.now sure how much they cost these days.there big enough but i dont mind that at all.

what kinda money action you willing to spend on it?

hanley said:
that camera does look funky but doesnt have an optical zoom, so any zooming makes the pictures look pixely n shit.

canon ones have good enough zoom, easy to use.now sure how much they cost these days.there big enough but i dont mind that at all.

what kinda money action you willing to spend on it?

Oh not a lot. Under 200. For as often as I'd use it and the likelihood of me losing it, I don't fancy spending a week's wages on one. I'd just like to have some photos of my peeps. All my photos are from when I was 16.

Check out this, small, light, optical zoom, built in flash and only e139 (and probably e6 for postage), you'd have enough left to get a decent memory card for it.

That's a weekly offer though so you'll need to buy it by sunday.

EDIT: On reading back i think i should point out: I DO NOT WORK FOR KOMPLETT

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Check out this, small, light, optical zoom, built in flash and only e139 (and probably e6 for postage), you'd have enough left to get a decent memory card for it.

That's a weekly offer though so you'll need to buy it by sunday.

EDIT: On reading back i think i should point out: I DO NOT WORK FOR KOMPLETT
heh heh.
that kinda looks like a newer/sleekerish model of the one i had.and its way cheaper that what it was when i got it.would recomend it for being easy to use + good pictures..

...+ import tax - there's much more adept at catching stuff down the post office for import tax these days, so you'll need to factor in about 25% extra...

Anthony said:
I'm still waiting for my camera from Avenmore..

oh my god, tell me you're kidding on this, Anthony. My brother sent in things to get one of them. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A PIECE OF JUNK IN ALL MY DAYS. I'm cracking up right now thinking about it! It's about 2 inches squared, tiny 1cm squared digital counter thing on the back to tell you have all 10 photos left to take. That's it. Oh and a pinhole at the front, of course.

And, naturally enough, it's impossible to use. And just doesn't really operate in any noticeable fashion. We didn't get one single picture out of it.

It's the most hilARIOUS little hunkajunk you will ever encounter. :D

And the most shocking of money-making racket - I'm surprised at Avonmore.

At that price point, anything from the major brands (Canon/Nikon/Sony/Olympus/KonicaMinolta/Panasonic) will be of similar quality, and you can't really go wrong. Some look better than others. Anyhow, Sony's compacts have a very good reputation - in particular they tend to have the shortest shutter lag, meaning you don't have to wait 2 seconds after you press the button for the photo to be taken. This guy looks quite nifty:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007NLH7K/

After a trip to Mendocino last week, I was propted to finally buy a digital camera. Too many photo opertunities missed. there I was standing outside Jessica Fletchers 'murder she wrote' home and, hot diggity, I'm all out of film.

So I bought one of these bad boys yesterday and my god i'm having fun with it.

P880_270x190.jpg

I :heart: my new camera.

Fuji website sells refurbished cameras mad cheap. Only problem is, you'll have to get someone up north to order it for you. They only take UK cards and deliver to UK addresses. Still. I got a Fuji F700 (€500 odd in Argos) for about €200 and it's a deadly wee thing.

roxy said:
oh my god, tell me you're kidding on this, Anthony. My brother sent in things to get one of them. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A PIECE OF JUNK IN ALL MY DAYS. I'

seemed like a good idea at the time. Plus we drink loads of milk.

spiritualtramp said:
Can anyone suggest an easy to use digital camera for about 300 euro? Thinking of getting the folks one for the christmas.
As always, you can't go wrong with any of the big names - competition is fierce in the consumer market, and most cameras around 300 euro are going to be very good. Your parents probably won't notice the difference whatever you buy.

From the perspective of usability, I don't think there will be that much difference - in my experience, most compact cameras function similarly. The most annoying thing about some cameras is that they can take an eon to actually shoot a photo after you've pressed the shutter release button - this is less of a problem now than it used to be, but some manufacturers (especially Sony and Fuji) have better reputations for responsiveness than others. One other thing you might keep in mind is that smaller, more fashionable cameras may be difficult to hold comfortably.

Some suggestions, all at the £200 mark on Amazon:

Canon A610 - a good all-round camera. Canon is the king in the professional market, and their top-of-the-line sophistication should trickle down to their consumer cameras, especially in the area of sensor quality (which is the main determinant of picture quality). I know a few people who have been very happy with previous models in this line (A75, A85, etc.).

Fuji F10 - This is the best compact camera out there for taking photos in low light (e.g. indoors, in the evening, etc.)...it also responds quickly and gives good picture quality. There is a very detailed review here.

Sony P-200
Sony W7
These are essentially the same camera, but the P-200 has a smaller and flashier-looking body. Sony cameras are renowned for their responsiveness (photos are taken immediately when you press the button, rather than 5 seconds later when your subject has wandered off somewhere else) and lens quality. Dpreview has reviews of the P-200 and the W7.

One factor I haven't mentioned is the megapixel count. This is because this factor is more or less irrelevant for compact cameras these days. You don't need more than 5 or 6 MP to make good 6X4 prints, and packing more pixels onto a small sensor actually degrades performance. Manufacturers try to convince consumers that buying an expensive 8MP camera will improve the quality of their photos, but the opposite is generally the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back