Die Hard (1 Viewer)

Thebeard

Watching it last night, what an amazing film. It made me realise how much it messed up my head when i was a kid. I feel it is partly responsible from me taking up smokes, having a fascination with zippo lighters, wanting to crawl through air ventilation systems and also disliking the Germans. Great film tough.:)

Watching it last night, what an amazing film. It made me realise how much it messed up my head when i was a kid. I feel it is partly responsible from me taking up smokes, having a fascination with zippo lighters, wanting to crawl through air ventilation systems and also disliking the Germans. Great film tough.:)

Bruce is one of the all-time great film toughs.

I watched it last night too.
Just a joy to watch, and still my favourite Christmas movie ever.

I was doing my First Holy Communion. Nobody else get so influenced by a film that they took up smoking so no? It was also Robert DeNiro in Midnight Run which made me want to smoke. That film was also from 1988. Jesus that was an infuencial year for me.

Karl (The blondie lad) uses a Stier rifle, which is what's used by the FCA. This always made mates who were in the FCA very very happy.

Die Hard didn't make me take up smoking, but it did make me want to walk around on glass and it made me mistrust Eamon De Valera.

"Hunt that little shit down"

I'm going to buy the box set today.

WHo do you prefer as a side character Al or the Limo Driver?

what I can't understand is, what the fuck was willis at shooting the shite out of Al's car? I mean what if he had shot poor Al and killed him? Or if poor Al had died when his car went over that ledge that time? And how forgiving was Al? Water off a ducks back.

Bruce displayed poor decision making in that sequence. Al could have perished, Hans could have gotten his way, and all those hostages could have been killed.

what I can't understand is, what the fuck was willis at shooting the shite out of Al's car? I mean what if he had shot poor Al and killed him? Or if poor Al had died when his car went over that ledge that time? And how forgiving was Al? Water off a ducks back.

Bruce displayed poor decision making in that sequence. Al could have perished, Hans could have gotten his way, and all those hostages could have been killed.

That thought came to me last night too, but i don't think it was bruce shooting at him, i think it was the terrorists. Not too sure though.:confused:

McClane figured that if a cop car got shot up by a machine gun then loads of police would show up. And he's such a good shot that Al was never in any real danger.

thats probably it actually.

and now that I think of it I'm actually ashamed that I doubted his shooting ability.

I was right lads, this is from the script:
Suddenly Marco's body CRASHES onto the hood of his car.

POWELL
(terrified)
-- Jesus H. Christ!
(grabbing for
his radio)
6421, this is One Adam Ten --

Suddenly a barrage of MACHINE GUN FIRE from Alexander on the
third floor drowns out his call! Powell ducks and flattens
against the seat as bullets blow out the front window,
covering him in glass.

It's the greatest action movie ever. There's nothing like it. It's so fucking funny as well. Deputy police chief Dwayne T. robinson cracks me up.

It also does something which action movies don't do anymore, it builds. No major action sequence 15 minutes in or any of that shit, it builds and builds and builds literally til the moment when McLane jumps of the building.

And by then, well i'm just about to have the most hetero joygasm ever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back