Devendra Ban playing with Vetiver in Whelans? (1 Viewer)

carddevil

I've heard a rumour that Devendra Banhart will be playing with Vetiver in Whelan's on August 31st (from someone who claims to be close to the band). Anyone else hear anything?

I know these kind of rumours circulate every now and again but ... Devendra is playing the next day in Laois and he has been playing live with them lately.

I've heard a rumour that Devendra Banhart will be playing with Vetiver in Whelan's on August 31st (from someone who claims to be close to the band). Anyone else hear anything?

I know these kind of rumours circulate every now and again but ... Devendra is playing the next day in Laois and he has been playing live with them lately.
id say its all true. Morg has been sayin the same thing the last few weeks

I've heard a rumour that Devendra Banhart will be playing with Vetiver in Whelan's on August 31st (from someone who claims to be close to the band). Anyone else hear anything? know these kind of rumours circulate every now and again but ... Devendra is playing the next day in Laois and he has been playing live with them lately.

ah yeah probebly - vetiver are his backing band and likewise he's in vetiver so i'd say the hairy fairys will all be together in whelans - it'll look like 1973 onstage....
vetiver-live1-0505.jpg

I hoping he will, kinda the reason i bought the ticket. But i still like vetiver.

I HEARD FROM 'A RELIABLE SOURCE' THAT HE DEFINITELY WILL BE

what are V like? i imagine dev ban style but with a different vocalist yeah?

Yeah pretty much really. A bit more laid back, 'im spent, flaked out on my couch' type of vibe. Pretty good none the less! Im lookin foreward to it!:rolleyes:

saw vetiver & banhart on aungeir street today. so there

If you saw that beardy psuedo-hippy fuck Banhart I hope you siezed the opportunity to smash his teeth down his throat. I'm not sure what's worse about him - his fucking faux-folk music or his evil right wing Venezuelan exile politics. Fuck him and fuck anyone who likes him.

If you saw that beardy psuedo-hippy fuck Banhart I hope you siezed the opportunity to smash his teeth down his throat. I'm not sure what's worse about him - his fucking faux-folk music or his evil right wing Venezuelan exile politics. Fuck him and fuck anyone who likes him.

!baggyyyy !!!

What are you basing this "evil right wing politics" statement on? I've read a bunch of interviews with that guy and I don't recall him taking any strong political stands.

What are you basing this "evil right wing politics" statement on? I've read a bunch of interviews with that guy and I don't recall him taking any strong political stands.

I am basing my "evil right wing politics" remark on statements of his like:

Beardy folky fuck said:
Chávez is way fucked up. He's the worst, he's the worst. Hasn't done a single thing for the country. Yeah, he's so fucked up, so fucked up. Paying the poor people to say that they love him. You know what I mean? That kind of shit. You know, this totally pseudo-communism bullshit. About if you have two washer machines you're gonna give one to the people. That's such bullshit.

Which can be found, amongst seemingly boundless self-indulgent self-regarding gibberish in this interview here: http://www.faceculture.nl/devendra_banhart/

Banhart because of his drippy tedious dreary folk music is likely to be assumed to be apolitical or possibly vaguely left inclined. He isn't. He's a wanker and for the record, his music smells of tramp piss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back