desktop publishing ? (1 Viewer)

Monkey

Website
www.tshock.net
Anyone know of any programs that'd be good for putting together a zine on my computer? basically I wanna make a black and white A5 size (double sided) print version of my website.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

the problem is I can't afford to go out and buy an expensive program.

Do you know off anything that I can download for nothing that'll do the job even 1/2 as well? I got this shareware thing and made up a layout then I found out that the copy and paste features are disabled so its not much use.

I use it in work and could give you a copy of it for the mac,the problem with quark is that it's seems to be hard to get for a pc, if you have a pc your best bet is to download the trial copy from their website then go to http://www.astalavista.com and get a crack or patch. give us a mail if you need anything else i.e. photoshop, illustrator.

there is also a series of reference books available on Quark/Photoshop done in a 'Macs for dummies' type format. The cover the programmes for both Mac's and PC's, cost around £15/£20 and are very easy to follow.if i remember the name of the series i'll let you know but you can get them in most of the decent bookshops in town. just ask someone there.

QuarkXpress is yer only man but there's something wrong with it when yer using WinME anyway. Says the wrong keyboard is installed and it doesn't load. Anyone come across this and knows how to fix it?

um... i've made plenty of zines/flyers/posters in good ol' microsoft word... not very up to date and all, but once you get the hang of doing everything in text boxes with no rim and no fill it's quite a lot like quark or even flash in concept... for those of us without access to pirated software or a spare 2 grand for buying it, that is...

I have a copy of Quark for PC. If you're having trouble with it, I could stick it on a server for you to download. Course you'd need either a fast connection or a lot of time but it's a crack - it should work grand.

Except for that shite keyboard incompatibility. Let me know.

sawboss (12 Nov, 2001 12:17 a.m.):
I have a copy of Quark for PC. If you're having trouble with it, I could stick it on a server for you to download. Course you'd need either a fast connection or a lot of time but it's a crack - it should work grand.

Except for that shite keyboard incompatibility. Let me know.

all you PC using saps!!

That cracked version of Quark with the keyboard problems, if you change your keyboards region settings to US... or maybe to UK..... or maybe something else...anyway its something like that I can't rember which, but it will work fine then.

I have done it before I just can't remember how

Photoshop will do you grand, put for christ sake keep your resoloution above 150dpi at least!!!

yeah, PCs eh! ;-)

Hotline (http://www.thebigredh.com) is another way of getting serial nos, cracks and cracked appz

sawboss (12 Nov, 2001 12:17 a.m.):
I have a copy of Quark for PC. If you're having trouble with it, I could stick it on a server for you to download. Course you'd need either a fast connection or a lot of time but it's a crack - it should work grand

Could you do that, 'cos nobody I know has one for a PC, I use a mac in work but I'm doing a portfolio at home and would really need it for some of the stuff I'm doing.

hey, do you think it would be possible to maybe make a cd copy of quark for the pc anyone? i too have found it hard to get, and would really like to have it again, it's a handy program...thanks?

Quark is the beast you want.

However, it is a major bit of kit. You'll probabaly find you could do what your looking at with Pagemaker or Freehand. You could probably get a free copy of early versions if you scan old comp mags. You'll definately find cracked versions.

I found that Quark needs a major time investment to get good results out of it...

Having said that, in a recent emergency I was able to throw something together in it after using it for less than a (panic stricken) day and it came out pretty good....

I live in Xpress. I started thinking that that was all computers did for a while. Can't help you PC boys though sorry.

A fanzine in photoshop? crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back