Deportation protest (2 Viewers)

Blackenedflag

Website
Visit site
This is fucked up.
"Among those to be deported is a 19 year old who has been here for 5 years and is to sit his Leaving Cert in June.* He has no family alive.* His solicitor was with him so we were a bit optimistic but as we were leaving the guy was lifted and taken home to pack his luggage for deportation."

Today (Monday) saw many Nigerians called in by the immigration police.* It appears that they will be deported tonight.

Residents Against Racism have called a protest for 1pm on Wednesday March 16th at the Garda National Immigration Bureau on Burgh Quay.

(Burgh Quay is the street between Tara Street DART station and O'Connell bridge on the south side of the river)

http://www.residentsagainstracism.org/

Gav you gonna be at this?
If we could get Eoin to go we could have dissent! action working group meeting afterwards between us?

Cead Mile Failte..
Who are they fooling?

There will be a solidarity picket in opposition to the Mass Deportations occuring in Ireland now. Wednesday 16 March @ 1 p.m.. Belfast

Irish Tourist Board
Castle Street
Weds @ 1p.m

Please Bring Placards and noise!!!

Speakers: Mick O'Reilly ATGWU
Davy Carlin ARN
Jon Glackin Street Seen

Supported by Street Seen/ Residents Against Racism..

Please spread the word....
Further Info @ http://www.indymedia.ie/newswire.php?story_id=68976

About 30 people turned up at Belfast Picket... good crowd considering how late in the day the protest was called... looks like we will be arranging another solidarity action next wednesday at 1 at the same place to co-incide with Dublin events... lets not let them get away with this!!

Yeah, hopefully next week will be bigger and better. It was good to see a few heads knocking about but the fact that the event came across as little more than a photoshoot (one of my mates was asked to pretend to handing out fliers while looking at an Irish flag on a pole by the liffey) led a few people to just head off. Like me. Also the fact that a certain SWP'er started pestering me didn't help!

i had a UCD chick come up and use a lot of big words i didn't understand

yeah was a total photo shoot, one guy asked could he use the back of my head as he got the aul one to hand out flyers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back