Defamation question (1 Viewer)

lympog

Website
www.myspace.com
Just got an e-mail from a disgruntled artist about a review i wrote of his single. However he is going on that if i don't remove it, he may take "appropriate actions" for defaming his character.

Admittedly i was very harsh, but then again the song was very shite; however i cannot see any particular points of defamation - but as i wrote it i might also be blind to it.

easymusicfordifficultears.blogspot.com/2009/12/review-grayson-stand-clear.html

Any thoughts anyone has would be greatly appreciated...
:)
leigh

is he the guy threatening you with a 'deformation' suit?

maybe that's code for beating you up

anyway, job well done, i've never heard of this guy but now i'm off to give it a listen

i want to hear how bad it is but i don't want to increase his myspace listens....what a dilemma

write another article taking the piss out of his stupid threat

To be defamatory it would have to be factually untrue, and diminish the complainants reputation.
I didn't see anything factually untrue and therefore nothing that would lower his reputation (referring to his character not his musical reputation). I did, however, see that he threatens you with a "deformation" suit and not a defamation suit. So, yeah, I think he means he's going to kick the shit out of you.
That'll be 5 grand please.
PM me for PayPal details.

STAND CLEAR, LUGGAGE DOORS ARE OP-ER-ATING, STAND CLEAR, LUGGAGE DOORS ARE OP-ER-ATING

hahahaha

he even has a sample of the bus eireann recording. the review was generous i reckon.

It's classy how he has a dig at the entire country here:

Australia has some amazing musicians and reading the review of this narow minded person its not hard to figure why alot of Australias dont even try to tour Ireland as the negative narrow mindedness seems to pop out at every chance and deny any hard working artist a chance to be heard.
He should man the fuck up or shut the fuck up. Or do something else fuck related.

Haven't heard his music. Don't think I'll bother what with all the Aslan and Bagatelle name dropping.

It could make a good theme tune to a MTV or Nickelodeon teen show i'd never watch.

or a Spar ad

Is that really him talking to you on your blog? I mean, if so he is talking about himself in the third person ..... not much more to be said about this.

I don't think there's anyway he can sue you for defamation of character based on that review, which is actually too kind in my opinion. I would say that you could probably have dismissed it in a more concise critique, rather than highlighting his shortcomings quite so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back