DEERHUNTER + HEALTH (4 Viewers)

Despite not being called Ian, I'm also in the Health weren't great/Deerhunter were deadly camp. Health sounded good, but there didn't seem to be much substance behind it at all, beyond a few nice flashes.
Not having seen Deerhunter before (nor known anything beyond Strange Lights and Spring Hall Convert), I was really very impressed. It definitely started slowly alright, given the technical problems and the fact they were bedding in (hur hur) the new guitarist. But by the end it was really class I thought. The new material sounded good (particularly the one that one/both Ians are talking about), and Strange Lights at the end was immense.

... given the technical problems

it seemed to me that Bradford starting talking to the crowd before they were finished setting up. The drummer was clearly unhappy with that. So I reckon the technical problems were caused by them not setting up right in the first place, cos of yer man and his big gob.

Especialy liked the new song about 3 from the end of the main set, just before the song that Pocket sang most of the vocals on. Bradford said after that he didn't write that one but that Josh the bassist had, the other guys in the band kinda get lost in the mix when it comes to getting credit it seems. Pocket apparently wrote strange lights too.

Was that the song that started off sounding like a Strokes tune or something and then built up with this long instrumental riffing section towards the end?.. I really liked that one too. I reckon their new album should be very good, though they'll most likely lose some fans who are more into the drone\looping stuff. Your man's name is actually Lockett, which only makes him sound slightly less like an elf (imagine the shit he must've got on the playground for being called that!)

hehe im not in any of the camps.. i think HEALTH and DEERHUNTER were both great!

Despite havin to stand there by meself and my mate pullin out just before the gig, i enjoyed it sooo much!!

and i like the fact HEALTH were all about noise and experiments and Deerhunter were more floating sound..
I thought im gonna melt at Deerhunter... and wtf? that's shoegaze so dont expect a huge performance from them..

awhh, im a foreigner and dont know much about gigs in here.. so next time anyone from forum say hi :))
anyone's goin to NO AGE and NO Kids??

perhaps I was unfairly harsh on Deerhunter, I just had expectations based on what I saw/heard before and this didn't match up for me... I didn't expect or want to be swaying at the end I wanted more energy and I guess I got that from Heath ...

And yes, I WOULD definitely recommend checkin them out in Whelans tonight...

Health were even better second time round, I also noticed I wasn't the only loser there two nights running. Sometimes you can't beat a good loud gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back