debit cards (2 Viewers)

Ryanair deliberately use the no fees attached to Visa Electron cards so they can advertise they do free flights.
Nobody actually uses them. It'll be the same with these pre-paid Mastercards.

Ryanair, and all airlines, have to include card-handling costs in their advertised price.
So, technically, if you have a Visa Electron card you could get a free flight. However nobody really has.

That's what you learn from Radio 4 :)

I'm flying to ATP with them on Friday and before I checked in for the flight today I added a piece of checked in luggage to the booking. They charged me for adding the luggage but they didn't charge me a transaction fee for it which I thought was strange.

My Ma was bitching about this card from Ulster bank as it seems its not excepted in a lot of places she tryed..

My Ma was bitching about this card from Ulster bank as it seems its not excepted in a lot of places she tryed..

Really? EVen if they couldn't take it as a debit card, it's a regular visa card.. We've been getting these into work for the last month or so and our system is the most useless set up ever (we couldn't take laser cards up until last year) but we can take these cards no bother.

Really? EVen if they couldn't take it as a debit card, it's a regular visa card.. We've been getting these into work for the last month or so and our system is the most useless set up ever (we couldn't take laser cards up until last year) but we can take these cards no bother.

Just the debit aspect of it - apprently they replaced her Laser card with it..I can't see how that'd work though.

A laser card is a debit card though. The debit just means it's coming straight out of the bank account and not being billed to you later.

Yeah I know....

The story she told me was that her Laser was expired and they sent her the Ulster bank Visa debit card as a replacement.

She said a lot of places she went to couldn't take it..

i'm a finance retard but have i understood that you couldn't get debit cards from various irish banks before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back