debit cards (1 Viewer)

they take visa electron, which is a debit card. i had one when i lived in london years ago. NOBODY took it.

The card can be used just like a Visa credit card both internationally and in the UK. Retailers in some countries can however accept the card as a debit card rather than a normal Visa card. In this case, the store is not charged a percentage, but rather a small fixed charge of around 50p per transaction. All transactions are in any case processed through the Visa clearing system, using the same card number, distinguishing it from other national debit card schemes which can be combined with Visa on a credit card. Customers might be charged a fee by their bank, for example, when buying foreign currency in the UK (up to 2%)[2][3].

seems pretty cool then.

I know PayPal doesn't differentiate between Debit and Credit cards, the card system is the card system. It all depends if it has Visa/Mastercard/American Express logo on it or not. Should be able to use it on your account.

AFAIK the same thing is happening in the UK, they're phasing out their switch and solo cards and replacing them with VISA debit cards

I just got one as well. Getting rid of the credit card for sure now, I only ever got the thing to buy stuff online. What do ryanair charge for using this to book flights?

If this works I'm definitely changing back to Ulster. i refused to get a credit card and survive on 3v but find its alot of hassle going to the shop to get the voucher.

so we are all getting one? is this the fallout from the banking crisis?

but if they're phasing our Visa Electron Cards (as opposed to Visa Debit cards) then people are more likely to go into their overdraft? Which Visa Electron won't allow I thought

ratmonkey?

but if they're phasing our Visa Electron Cards (as opposed to Visa Debit cards) then people are more likely to go into their overdraft? Which Visa Electron won't allow I thought

ratmonkey?

Ryanair are phasing out the no handling fees on Electrons, and replacing with no handling fee on prepay Mastercard, that's all.

What surprises me most about this thread is that people are STILL using ryanair

Ryanair deliberately use the no fees attached to Visa Electron cards so they can advertise they do free flights.
Nobody actually uses them. It'll be the same with these pre-paid Mastercards.

Ryanair, and all airlines, have to include card-handling costs in their advertised price.
So, technically, if you have a Visa Electron card you could get a free flight. However nobody really has.

That's what you learn from Radio 4 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back