DEATH TO THE CLASH (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 108
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 4
The clash B-sides were fantastic, Mick Jones best 2nd vocalist ever.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not forgetting Joe either, but the ooohhh yeahhhhhhhh is by Mick!

Super Black Market Clash is a great album for rounding up their b-sides and dub songs.

oh fucking hell don't put 1-2- crush on you in this thread!

aaghghghgh

I'm on Shneaky's side now

Sandinista is also very under rated, sure there is dross on it but there are some total gems.

Washington Bullets
Hitsville UK
Something about England
Somebody got murdered
One more time/one more dub
Up in heaven
Lets go crazy
The sound of sinners
The Equaliser (dub)
Charlie don't surf
Kingston advice
The street parade

Love this song, I only really got into it when the credits at the end of the film this song was used, it fitted late 70s Britain so well.

Love this song, I only really got into it when the credits at the end of the film this song was used, it fitted late 70s Britain so well.

One of my all time favourite songs.

Did you watch Rude Boy Moose? If so Rudie can't Fail fitted in so well in the end credits.

Also if you liked this song I will hazard a guess that you love this one off London Calling too.

Haven't seen Rude Boy. I really like all of London Calling as I do the first too albums. All the same I'd till agree that they're overrated.

when a bands 1st album influences so much in life be it politics (anti nazi league)/ music/ clothing you don't need more then 1 album, sex pistols are another case of this.
and if you like 3 out of 5 albums, 4 proper albums then they can't be that over rated.
What form do you think they are over rated, because some mainstream critics liked them or theyir albums are in some of the greatest albums list of all time? don't forget they also conquered America which most bands fail, again Pistols didn't either, while The Clash wouldnt like to admit it, they had a lot in common with the Pistols.

They only conquered america because they turned to shit,had they kept releasing records of the quality of the first,america wouldn't have cared. (yes this means I think London Calling is a terrible record)

Bizarrely,my copy of the first record is an american pressing. It has different songs to the uk one I believe.

Was gonna say they conquered America as a fairly mainstream American sounding rock band.

I think they're overrated as the godfathers of punk, their politics aren't even close to being as radical as the likes of Neil Young (who I prefer as a writer, musician and political commentator).

As for fashion I really wish people didn't paint stupid polictial slogans on their clothes. :)

What's wrong with Neil Young not streotypically bullshit punk enough for ya?

I think we can all agree that the Ramones are amazing and never overrated.

Death To The Pixies is great compilation album while we're on the subject of Death to the.....

Neil young >>The Clash

Ramones first four are amazing,and in context,not overrated. I find the Pixies very dull and overrated.

Hippy dinosaur who never stands up . and don't be cussing.
Many forms of Punk so stereotypically Punk fails, but yes I like fast music most of the times.

I never said I didn't like the Ramones, I am a Ramones fan, I was curious how a thread would go based on the context of this thread.

and shame on you Gary.

Where is Stanto to sort all this out? The Clash have some deadly songs, what's the problem? Give em enough Rope is a deadly album, the first album's great, London Calling's a great song, Guns of Brixton.... It IS really annoying that the same old bands get wheeled out as the greatest punk bands ever in Magazines and Documentaries, it's the same with art and everything probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back