Deadly First Gig!! (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
Pope, for chrissake, as long as you maintain your thin veneer of anonymity - slag whoever you like! It's more fun that way.

I think he did well. Clearly enough he didn't like the gig therefore it would be unfair for him to post negative comments on the board.

I was in da house. Surely the spiders need to get their sounds sorted and to tide their songs up (especially the dynamics).

Despite this, Speedy has a great voice, the backing vocals were excellent and the most funkish tunes were pretty cool.

For a first gig I think they did very well. Give this band 6 months or 1 year and they'll get very good, me thinks

:cool: A.

And Alex - of course I respect what the Popester has done by keeping his opinions private, but surely if anyone has shovelled enough shit to deserve some back, it's Speedy. I just hope Speedman don't go see him, if you know what I mean.

And Alex - of course I respect what the Popester has done by keeping his opinions private, but surely if anyone has shovelled enough shit to deserve some back, it's Speedy. I just hope Speedman don't go see him, if you know what I mean.

Fair enough. That's between you and Speedy then... but make sure nobody gets harmed :)

We go to the studio tonight, d'you wanna call?

Cheers, A.

Don't get me wrong, there ain't nothin' between Speedy and me. We're tight. Real tight.

I'll give Dubh a shout. What time are you gonna be there from/to?

Don't get me wrong, there ain't nothin' between Speedy and me. We're tight. Real tight.

I'll give Dubh a shout. What time are you gonna be there from/to?

Just kidding mate... :)

We'll be there from 8 to 12 I guess.... give Dubh a buzz, he might be in the studio already

workaholic....

Ha ha ha ha ha.........I shovelled shit once or twice. I was being honest, and it was My opinion. I didn't like ANY of their songs. So what? You know who will probably not like my stuff, and I don't give a fuck, coz we've got some really encouraging opinions from professionals in the industry, and pretty soon we'll be laughing. And the live sound will be sorted in one month or less. We'll be on TV within a year. Mark my words. We fuckin ruled on saturday night, and that was as Alex says with the shittest levels and mixing I've ever experienced. Wait until we get the sound sorted.
Anyway we got a Rave review on Newstalk 106FM (or Newsday106FM), nuff said.

What else? Emm......I got approached by random chicks, that was encouraging, not for me burd though.. Ha ha ha
:p the internet broke down in work for the whole day today. bollox, I would've done this sooner.

By the way, Pope was very honest in the PM, he didn't send me abuse and he gave me his fair opinion, which was still pretty decent, and appreciated. Thanks Pope. Look forward to meeting you. I'm man enough to accept some critisism like. Respec

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Ha ha ha ha ha.........I shovelled shit once or twice. I was being honest, and it was My opinion. I didn't like ANY of their songs. So what? You know who will probably not like my stuff, and I don't give a fuck, coz we've got some really encouraging opinions from professionals in the industry, and pretty soon we'll be laughing. And the live sound will be sorted in one month or less. We'll be on TV within a year. Mark my words. We fuckin ruled on saturday night, and that was as Alex says with the shittest levels and mixing I've ever experienced. Wait until we get the sound sorted.
Anyway we got a Rave review on Newstalk 106FM (or Newsday106FM), nuff said.

What else? Emm......I got approached by random chicks, that was encouraging, not for me burd though.. Ha ha ha
:p the internet broke down in work for the whole day today. bollox, I would've done this sooner.

i like encourgement from pros in the industry. it makes all teh differance. i remember the day i gave mike ryan a demo, or the day the bloke who cleans the jacks in whelans told me i had nice shoes.

halcyon....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back