Dead Kennedys.......I'm confused (1 Viewer)

Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
www.facebook.com
I've been throwing an idea for a few days now about a gig to be run on the same night (in June I think) as the DK's gig. The idea was that it would be something similar to the AC/DC night, loads of bands, each playing one DK's song. The promotion/posters etc would contain an address to a website where you could find out about the conflict between Biafra/Alternative Tentacles and the DK's.The results would be:
People knowing a little more about the DK's callous profiteering, before they forked out money forn the gig
and
Some money left over, to be split between Biafra's legal fund and a local charity.

Except for the fact that when I read a little more,

http://www.deadkennedysnews.com/faq.htm

http://www.alternativetentacles.com/page.php?page=atlegalfund&sd=Nvq3ugPnun6j4QkDBFw

it became a lot greyer.
It seems Biafra has been disingenuous....
The DK's site seems to be reasonably clear, ok, they're no idealists, but it does seem that they had the weight of justice on their side.
Whereas Biafra's output seems to avoid many of the more important questions in favour of shocking sounding accusations. I'm sure a lot of people here have already done their homework on this, apologies if it's old news, but I always liked Biafra, and took him at his word when he discussed this in Vicar st and the Music centre.

So has anybody got any thoughts on the matter?

Maybe the night before would be a better idea, or am I missing the point? If people know a bit more about the DK gig before they go they'll have a clearer picture of the whole rock'n'roll soap opera going on behind the scenes and react accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back