Dawkins / The Root of All Evil (merged) (1 Viewer)

Dawkins?

• Total voters
Me and the other half had a lengthy discussion about dickie dawkins and stephen pinker while walking along howth head today...crackin way to pass a bank holiday monday. we followed it with a 99.

Re: Dawkins

I agree, there are parallels in that we choose to believe what one sect tells us over another be it religion or science and rarely take the time to investigate their claims, we just look for what 'fits' with us.

It's like the old chinese story of chuang chou who awoke from a dream of being a butterfly and wondered if he was actually a butterfly now dreaming that he was a man ( i think i bring up that story every time their's a faith/science argument).

chuang tzu, dude....anyone read it? better than dawkins

Me and the other half had a lengthy discussion about dickie dawkins and stephen pinker while walking along howth head today...crackin way to pass a bank holiday monday. we followed it with a 99.

Did you ask for a 198 (two 99s)? It's always greeted by initial puzzlement, followed by a sudden moment of understanding, then one of a) a polite laugh or b) apparent annoyance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back