David Jason apologises for 'joke' (1 Viewer)

quackster

"
Sir David Jason has apologised for a "joke" he made about Pakistanis on a radio show. Skip related content
During the Christian O'Connell Show on Absolute Radio, the Only Fools And Horses star was asked to leave a question for the next guest as part of the Who's Calling Christian? feature, in which celebrities try to win money for charity.
The 69-year-old replied: "What do you call a Pakistani cloakroom attendant?" After a pause, he delivered the "punchline": "Me hat, me coat."
No apology was made at the time, but Christian responded to the comment by saying: "No more jokes like that." "

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090325/ten-david-jason-apologises-for-joke-5f8abb3.html

does this mean the gerald fitzpatrick/patrick fitzgerald joke is rascist now?

never mind-everyone got there before me

instead I'll give this another airing

racism.jpg

it reminds me of the joke about the english foreman on a building site who keeps calling an irish workman 'paddy' all day..

'oi paddy, move that ladder'

oi paddy, clean up that mess'

etc.

after taking it for most of the day, the irish fella can't take any more so he shouts at the foreman

"HERE ME NAMES NOT PADDY - IT'S MICK!'

Joke on Pakistani sounding names, not actually on them as people. Not racist. Same as "what's a woman with one leg called? Aileen" Storm in a farking tea cup, farking bullshit.

First they started making puns about Pakistani's called Mahatma but I did not complain because I was not called Mahatma and I am not from Pakistan. Then they started murdering people called Vincent from Kilmainham but I did not complain because I lived in Inchicore....

I presume it's a play on a name like 'Mahatma'. It's a shit joke.

my god. You might be right.
Is that the joke?
Can I get a confirmation on this?
I need access to Gorillamunch's list of racists for a bit of authority on this.

(Not that I don't trust your racist credentials Diddles.)

Ah here. Mahatma Coat is one of the oldest jokes in the world. It's up there with Knock Knock Doctor Who & the Kerry man dancing on his dinner because he thought it was a dinner dance.

my god. You might be right.
Is that the joke?
Can I get a confirmation on this?
I need access to Gorillamunch's list of racists for a bit of authority on this.

(Not that I don't trust your racist credentials Diddles.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back