David Icke and other animals (1 Viewer)

here's a thing now

I just heard about this today - I've checked it out and it's true....

Earlier this year, The X-Files spawned a spin off series called "The Lone Gunmen", based on the wacky antics of everyone's favourite crime fighting conspiracy theorists of the same name.

Anyway, the storyline of the pilot episode (which was shown on US television in March) was based on the premise that a group of disenfranchised US secret agent types who have been sidelined by the end of the cold war take it upon themselves to increase the American public's fear of terrorism by organising a "terrorist" atrocity on US soil.

So they concoct a plan to fake a hijacking of an airliner and then fly it - by remote control - into the World Trade Centre.

The series was pulled off the air. Because it was crap and unbelievable, apparently.

Deserves a thread of its own, Pete.

Where'd you get that confirmed, by the way?

pete (07 Dec, 2001 12:50 p.m.):
here's a thing now

I just heard about this today - I've checked it out and it's true....

Earlier this year, The X-Files spawned a spin off series called "The Lone Gunmen", based on the wacky antics of everyone's favourite crime fighting conspiracy theorists of the same name.

Anyway, the storyline of the pilot episode (which was shown on US television in March) was based on the premise that a group of disenfranchised US secret agent types who have been sidelined by the end of the cold war take it upon themselves to increase the American public's fear of terrorism by organising a "terrorist" atrocity on US soil.

So they concoct a plan to fake a hijacking of an airliner and then fly it - by remote control - into the World Trade Centre.

The series was pulled off the air. Because it was crap and unbelievable, apparently.

bloke down the pub said so

actually i hit google and came up with (for starters)

A big buzz has been made by a so-called reporter for the AP, who has listed "The Lone Gunmen" in an article about television shows that were pulled due to violent content or content similar in nature to what happened at the World Trade Center. As I'm sure most of you are aware, the Pilot episode of LGM was about an electronically hijacked plane that was going to collide with the WTC. Despite the similarities of the situation, it is *highly* unlikely that any sort of terrorist group derived their inspiration from that show, and, as we ALL know, LGM was not recently pulled because of the content of the pilot, it was pulled *months ago*, due to what Fox considered unsatisfactory ratings (even though LGM did better ratings-wise than a lot of Fox shows that are slated to come back next season- more info on this below), so this reporter certainly did not have his facts straight! The part of the article that discusses LGM is listed below (I know this article appeared in a number of papers on Wednesday, Sept. 12th, but unfortunately I don't have the name of the article or who wrote it, but as soon as I get that info I'll post it on here):

"On one FOX drama just six months ago, the World Trade Center was threatened. The premiere of the series "The Lone Gunmen" featured a U.S. government plot to boost arm sales by crashing an airliner into one of the towers, then blaming terrorists. Scenes from the cockpit showed the struggle to disengage the plane's suicidally programmed navigational system. The plane managed to clear the tower by inches. "The Lone Gunmen" was quickly cancelled".

http://web.northscape.com/content/gfherald/2001/09/13/news/913ENTER.htm

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,42135,00.html

Burgerbarbaby (06 Dec, 2001 03:29 p.m.):
Question: I wonder if the fact that he's being brought over by the Sci-fi society and not the Lizardman appreciation committee not setting alarm bells ringing in his head at all?

Love love love your strobo-acceleration psychosis- inducing image there. Lucky I'm over 25, otherwise I' be too scared to look at this board ever again...

pete (07 Dec, 2001 09:42 a.m.):
stupid camcorder battery ran out about an hour & 45 minutes in - which, considering the baby slides, may not necessarily be a bad thing.

The bastards got to you too Pete. Is nothing sacred....
Actually, of the whole talk, I thought the 911 thing (as he was calling it) was easily the most plausible - a ridiculous amount of ifs and buts in the official story. What he was saying about the news always coming from "The American Government" or "Official Sources" is really scary, the stranglehold of control the Western Powers have over the information is breathtaking. Did you see that story about the journalist who was a prisoner of the Taliban recently? The CIA, through one of the embassies in the area spread rumours to the Taliban that she was a spy for the CIA, and she only survived because the Taliban saw through the rumours....how many of the Western reports have been treated with such rationality in this part of the world?

P.S. I don't necessarily think that showing the photos of the deformed babies is a bad thing at all....This is evidence that AWFUL wrongdoing is taking place, it convinced me to a large extent. If the Christian Right have appropriated these techniques for an anti-abortion lobby, well, good. But in their case, the moral argument is very much against what they do, the actual clinical process of abortion does not result in what they put on their placards.

P.P.S cheers, Cyclotron!

no thanks baby.
i enjoyed the talk, but i don't think he's a good speaker. most of his sentences went up in the air and never came down again, he seemed to be either a) nervous speaking in front of a crowd (though you think he'd be used to it) b) undecided about what topics he should cover and to what degree and c) a bit thick as regards most aspects of the english language. i think alot of what he said is probably true, and i'm glad i heard it all and glad i went to see him. it's just unfortunate that things that (probably) hold truth come to the public via a person who also says that george bush snr is "one of the most infamous paedophiles in the us" and dick cheney has "raped mind-controlled women" (not that i'm ruling any of this out...), as well as the whole lizard thing. unfortunate. that's all i'm sayin.
pete was that you in the back row with the camcorder? ah sure i would've said hello if i'd known.

Ok very ture, but surely NOT telling us his theroys on lizards is slightly misleading. I mean on his website its ALL about the lizards!! In the show no lizards!!

I don't think thats very upfront, that and the " afriend of mine said this" and "a friend of mine saidd that"

ooh and ripping off Bill Hicks......*sigh*

although I did have to laugh when he said "When I was a Journalist...blah blah blah"

oh is that when you worked for Grandstand David??

huh huh huh!!

pantone's spelling was awful in 2001

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back