David Icke and other animals (2 Viewers)

i thought it was pretty deadly

not half as barmy as people would have you believe

still pretty wack though

went on for aeons

i enjoyed it, mind

it was never about the music

it's always been about the lego

pyramids within pyramids, my friend

pyramids within pyramids

He makes a lot more sense when he circumlocutes the whole 7-foot lizard bit. Must say i've never been so captivated by a speaker - at least not for 2.5 hours.

Some of the stuff he mentioned had been pissing me off A LOT too, 'finding' that passport in the rubble of the WTC. Cars with the Qoran in them... rubbish. Obviously for the benefit of the less quick-of-wit amongst the american public who need things spelt out in big neon letters with a side order of fries and a 96oz cola.

The disfigured baby slides were... well, they just, Were.

stupid camcorder battery ran out about an hour & 45 minutes in - which, considering the baby slides, may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Is nobody else dissapointed he didn't mention Lizards?? was I the only one there purely for the lizards??

He was pretty interesting, but I don't think he'd anymore insight then your average SWP consperiacy theroy head.

He's just very Charasmatic about it.

...*sigh* no lizards... not even a Coventry FC anecdote....

he was great indeed. scary paranoid stuff about the illuminati. what's with the annoying voices and holding his crotch while imitating joe public, though?

he had 'The Great Grey Mullet' thing going on, buh.

I'm kinda glad he avoided lizards. would've just made a laughing stock out of some of his genuine & valid theories.

saw a documentary on that 'bohemian grove' thing earlier this year. it's all true and actually weirder than even HE made out. The list of media moguls, business leaders, politicians etc who attend is frightening. they say it's just a harmless ceremony, but, why are you involved in a ceremony that burns human effigies before a 40ft owl? why? can I come? why not?

that voice he puts on got a bit irritating after a while.

quoth DK: "I am the Owl"

thanks for comin out heads. i'm glad that he didnt mention lizards too. if he got himself some better (ie - non emailed) images and a shorter talk - he could make a good comedy routine out of that. laughing with not at.

all of what he was saying was a million times more interesting and engaging than a conga around Guineys or Hairy Legs or whatever it was that was getting all sorts of protested.

play on playas.

Stewart Little (07 Dec, 2001 09:58 a.m.):
I'm kinda glad he avoided lizards. would've just made a laughing stock out of some of his genuine & valid theories.

Ok very ture, but surely NOT telling us his theroys on lizards is slightly misleading. I mean on his website its ALL about the lizards!! In the show no lizards!!

I don't think thats very upfront, that and the " afriend of mine said this" and "a friend of mine saidd that"

ooh and ripping off Bill Hicks......*sigh*

although I did have to laugh when he said "When I was a Journalist...blah blah blah"

oh is that when you worked for Grandstand David??

huh huh huh!!

This sounds intriguing - wish I'd gone. What were the "disfigured baby slides"?

The journalist Jon Ronson wrote a really good article about Icke earlier this year. It's published in his book "Them: Adventures With Extremists" if yizzers are interested...

Stewart Little (07 Dec, 2001 09:23 a.m.):
He makes a lot more sense when he circumlocutes the whole 7-foot lizard bit. Must say i've never been so captivated by a speaker - at least not for 2.5 hours.

Some of the stuff he mentioned had been pissing me off A LOT too, 'finding' that passport in the rubble of the WTC. Cars with the Qoran in them... rubbish. Obviously for the benefit of the less quick-of-wit amongst the american public who need things spelt out in big neon letters with a side order of fries and a 96oz cola.

The disfigured baby slides were... well, they just, Were.

must get that jon ronson book. did you see any of that secret rulers of the world series he did last year? fuckin crazy.

does anyone remember that series he did 'for the love of...'? hilarious

Anne O'Malley (07 Dec, 2001 11:01 a.m.):
[/quote]

He was ridiculing the US claims that Bin Laden wanted to build a "dirty bomb" with all of the nuclear material he had obtained, one that would spread radioactive debris over a large area and basically screw up a load of people.

He then pointed out that the US had been doing exactly that in Iraq for the last few years by using depleted uranium shells, the radiation from which caused some pretty nasty deformities - he then showed some slides of the results.

Euugh. Those kinds of tactics remind me of pro-lifers.

pete (07 Dec, 2001 11:26 a.m.):
Anne O'Malley (07 Dec, 2001 11:01 a.m.):

He was ridiculing the US claims that Bin Laden wanted to build a "dirty bomb" with all of the nuclear material he had obtained, one that would spread radioactive debris over a large area and basically screw up a load of people.

He then pointed out that the US had been doing exactly that in Iraq for the last few years by using depleted uranium shells, the radiation from which caused some pretty nasty deformities - he then showed some slides of the results.[/quote]

Anne O'Malley (07 Dec, 2001 11:45 a.m.):

who flaunt their placards in public on the street on a Saturday afternoon...thats wrong in my opinion.
(Mammy..whats that picture - Thats an aborted baby sweetheart)

but to show slides to an adult audience in a University...is a bit more 'educational' and tactful...

Nah, I just think such tactics are insulting to anyone, no matter who or where they are. The logic behind it is this: this is disgusting to look at, therefore we should do something about it. You could show me a picture of a tumour being removed from someone's brain, which might gross me out. Should I then attack oncology?

I'm not saying Icke was wrong, by the way, just that such tactics in the contect of a supposedly reasoned argument are... base.

mugwump (07 Dec, 2001 12:32 p.m.):
Anne O'Malley (07 Dec, 2001 11:45 a.m.):

who flaunt their placards in public on the street on a Saturday afternoon...thats wrong in my opinion.
(Mammy..whats that picture - Thats an aborted baby sweetheart)

but to show slides to an adult audience in a University...is a bit more 'educational' and tactful...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back