Data Panik @ Maximum Joy, The Tap, Dublin, Ireland - 10th Feb from 9pm (1 Viewer)

Raar - Maximum

Website
www.myspace.com
Data Panik @ Maximum Joy - Friday 10/02/06
The Tap,
North King Street, Smithfield, Dublin

€10/€8 Before 11:30
Open from 9pm til late
Live: Data Panik
DJ's: Mici Stratosphere, Gibby Cassidy, Raar Velvetine

Hi Everyone,

Maximum Joy is pleased to announce that Data Panik (glasgow) will be our next live guests at The Tap in Smithfield. The last time they played these shores was under the guise of BIS supporting Bikini Kill at a legendary late 90's gig in the much missed 'Charlies' rock bar. A night not to be missed.
Mici, Raar and newbie Gibby, will be spinning the discs and spreadin the love virus on the weekend that’s in it.

Data Panik
Data Panik rose from the ashes of the dear-departed Scottish indie legends BIS in early 2005, all grown up and and ready to rumble, with the release of self financed single 'Cubis (I Love You)'.

A clarion call to New-Wave, Disco and Electronic Punk, 'Cubis (I love You)' also has an uncanny pop sensibility. Think the best of Devo, The B-52's,Rip Rig and Panicand earlyHuman Leagueand you'll be in the frame.

Watching the single fly from their shelves, Rough Trade did us all a favour and featured 'Cubis (I Love You)' on their critically acclaimed end of year compilation - Rough Trade Counter Culture 05.

Maximum Joy
Shining a light on hidden delights and emerging musical talent from home and abroad, Maximum Joy host nights brim with enthusiasm and energy.
Each night will include a carefully selected live act and DJ's that refuse to be bound by genre or expectation, a night where you can bodypop, pogo and freakout to the same tunes, before collapsing into an ecstatic heap on the dancefloor.

rocksteady:funk: punk:no wave: psychedelia:garage:dirty electro:block rockin beats

Just to let you crazy cats know what kinda musique goes down at this club i'll post up my set list from the giveamanakick gig...i played before and after the band and Raar before and after meself....much merriment was had..come down bring them dancing shoes and a thirst!!

Before…….
Gang 90 – Jack Kerouac
Ladyfuzz – Monster
Modern Deep Left Quartet – Straight Whiskey
General Smilie and Papa Michigan –Rub a Dub Style
Annette Peacock – Pony
Moby Grape – Omaha
Spring Heel Jack – Trouble and Luck
23 Skidoo – IY
Nation Rockin Shadows - Anaesthesia
Les Georges Leningrad – Supa Doopa
Assault on Precinct 13 – Main Theme
MIA (Michaela Grobelny) – Sweet November
Black Dice – Smiling off (DFA Mix)
Stranglers – Goodbye Toulouse
Amon Dull II – Dehypnotized Toothpaste (?? I think)
United States of America – Coming Down
Wagon Christ – Nighty Night
Roy Ayers –I am your mind II (Pepe Braddock Mix)
Can – Sikako Manu Ten
Linstrom & Prins Thomas – Sykklsesong
Automan 11 – Binary
Babys Arm – I’m a wimp
Liars – Every two hours with a duck fan
Global Goon – Metal Buffalo
The Residents – Theme from Walrus hunt (Diskomo)
Clouddead – Son of a gun
Ulrich Schauss – On my own
Oneida – All Rounder
Murphy and the Mob – Born Loser
Anorexia – Pets
Lilliput – U
Zdar – How do you see me now?
Gina X – Nice Mover
Delta 5 – Mind your own business
The Seconds – Got laid
The Homosexuals – Astral Glamour
Roger Sisters – Check Level
Winged it from here waiting for the band to start played 2 or 3 other numbers….can’t remember!!

After………
Chocolate Watch Band – Voyage of the Trieste
Francois du Roubaix – can’t remember which one but mixed a few together from Volume1 & 2 best of’s
Funkadelic – Can you get to that
Beyond the Wizards Sleeve – Aglarsa Anam Aglar
Panico – Transpiralo
Manhead – Hey Now
Shriekback – My Spine (is the baseline)
Need New Body – Show me your heart
The Tropics – You Better Move
Derrick L. Carter – Squaredancing in a round house
Grace Jones – Pull up to the bumper
Berlin Disco Hooligans – white label
Talking Heads – I Zimbra (Peter Black Remix)
Secondo – Discobabulate
Poni Hoax – Budapest (Joakim Italo Dub)
Out Hud – A requiem for a requiem
Devo – Going under
Salsoul Orchestra – Ooh, I love it (Love Break)
John Lennon - Kiss Kiss Kiss
Started to get hazy and the eyes started to water from the booze consumed….but I was replaced soon after so no matter….

on rotation tonight:

from me at any rate some ROC, Francis Lai, sonic youth, seeds, Adult. ... to name but a few

Doors from 9pm with Data Panik playing from 11pm. I'll be providing the above tunes among others b4 hand with Gibby & Mici making it happen on the dancefloor afterwards.

RV

making babies on the dance floor...dunno about that... but sounds like a sexadelic funktastic time...or maybe its some sort of Nicky Siano track....any hoots since raar has given ya a slice of his mix i'll throw a few more in there....Klaus Schulze,ZZZZ, ADAM AND THE ANTS, LILLIPUT, SAKAMOTO, PANICO, MODESELEKTOR, DEVO....etc etc, i'm on first and last so come early

M. Stratosphere said:
making babies on the dance floor...dunno about that... but sounds like a sexadelic funktastic time...or maybe its some sort of Nicky Siano track....any hoots since raar has given ya a slice of his mix i'll throw a few more in there....Klaus Schulze,ZZZZ, ADAM AND THE ANTS, LILLIPUT, SAKAMOTO, PANICO, MODESELEKTOR, DEVO....etc etc, i'm on first and last so come early
heheh. you post exactly like you talk mickey... :D bleedin' deadly wha! hope this goes well for youze tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back