Daniel Higgs (1 Viewer)

swingkid

Website
www.wfmu.org
"Daniel Higgs - poet, painter, jews harp player, tattoo artist, and singer and lyricist for Baltimore's legendary Lungfish has announced his first ever UK exhibition of artworks, at north London's 96 Gillespie gallery from 13th May to 9th June.

Meanwhile, Lungfish have announced the release of their eleventh album, Feral Hymns, on Dischord records on 30th May."

http://www.96gillespie.com

anyone seen any of his paintings before??
the stuff he does for tattoos are great...

a friend got a tattoo done by him and he said he was a great storyteller...
seems like a cool guy...

swingkid said:
"Daniel Higgs - poet, painter, jews harp player, tattoo artist, and singer and lyricist for Baltimore's legendary Lungfish has announced his first ever UK exhibition of artworks, at north London's 96 Gillespie gallery from 13th May to 9th June.

Meanwhile, Lungfish have announced the release of their eleventh album, Feral Hymns, on Dischord records on 30th May."

http://www.96gillespie.com

anyone seen any of his paintings before??
the stuff he does for tattoos are great...

a friend got a tattoo done by him and he said he was a great storyteller...
seems like a cool guy...
Yes. We love Lungfish round these parts. My mate Jill got a couple of tattoos in SF by him. I don't know his paintings tho. Got any Jpegs??? Looking forward to new LP.

Divil A Bit said:
Yes. We love Lungfish round these parts. My mate Jill got a couple of tattoos in SF by him. I don't know his paintings tho. Got any Jpegs??? Looking forward to new LP.

yeah, lungfish are amazing...
didnt like his solo album much though....
couldnt find any jpgs on the web...

kirstie said:
he does the covers doesn't he?

yeah i think he does...

these are pretty cool

137.jpg
119.jpg

I like the one for pass and stow the best, just a stylised design done with a marker, but it looks good.

swingkid said:
yeah i think he does...

these are pretty cool

137.jpg
119.jpg

speaking of lungfish...

////////////////////

Will Oldham is collaborating his beard off these days: Fresh off the success of his Superwolf venture with ChaveZwan alum Matt Sweeney, he's laid down a series of cover songs with Chicago post-rockers Tortoise. Initially concieved as a half-joke between Overcoat Recordings owner Howard Greynolds and Oldham, the record has ballooned into a full-on but unnamed collaboration, featuring 10 cuts from artists as disparate as Elton John and Lungfish.

"On one level, it sounds like a cross between Tortoise and Will Oldham," Tortoise bassist Doug McCombs told the Chicago Reader. "But ultimately it sounds like a collaboration between six people, not just a group and one guy."

Set for an October release via Overcoat, the involved parties are also rumoured to be embarking on a tour, but that's still in pipe-dream stage. Of course, we'll keep you updated as soon as it makes the jump to wet-dream, but for now all we can do is give you a neat lil' list of the tracks the indie stalwarts have recorded:

* Daniel (Elton John)
* The Calvary Cross (Richard Thompson)
* That's Pep! (Devo)
* It's Expected I'm Gone (the Minutemen)
* Cravo e Canela (Milton Nascimento)
* Some Say (I Got Devil) (Melanie)
* Pancho (Dan Williams)
* Love Is Love (Lungfish)
* On My Own (Quix*o*tic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back