danelectro pedals... (2 Viewers)

i got a danecho echo pedal 10 years ago, ive used it a loads of gigs and its still working fine and is quite a nifty basic delay pedal. my only gripe about it is that when the pedal is on it adds a slight reverb that you cant switch off(and it doesnt have an infinite delay setting so you can really loop with it but then again its just an echo pedal). you can have full on echoy effect or else have much more subtle effects which just brighten up your sound. all my friends ask me "wow, how do you get that amazing sound from your guitar?" and I just laugh and point to my effects board - theres just one pedal there and its my danecho pedal from danelectro.

They aren't worth buying imho, they made no difference in my set up at all and sounded shit on there own. I did a total false economy thing, I bought a few of them instead of buying the boss pedal I really wanted....ended up buying the boss one in the end and tripping over the broken danelectro ones every time I'm over at my desk...

right, despite all the negativity expressed on the preceeding pages I went and bought a danelectro 'BLT' slap echo pedal, and a 'pastrami' overdrive. 40e with shipping from the states for both.

The 'drive isnt amzaing by any means, and there isnt huge scope for adjustment. However it does what its suposed to, and although it sounds a bit dry to me, is no worse than the built in drive on many amps. The BLT echo is a cool little pedal, with a bit of mucking about you can get anything from a subtle reverb, to full on delay-y, almost chorus-y sounds. Ive used it as an external mic effect with success also. Plug the drive into the echo and you can get some pretty cool mucky blues/pyschobilly-y tones as well.

There not the be and end all of pedalness, but they cost 20e and come in a feckin buble pack. so, at least in the case of the two i have, there not bad value for money. Id go so far as to recomend the slap echo pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back