Da2 Venue - New Site (2 Viewers)

well i was there to see Zaphoid last week and you lot really f****d them over. You took their soundtest time out of their play time so they only got 3 songs. Plus you kept their amp and got two "mates" over to keep an eye on it. Then they said they would call the police and you backed off. They were only kids. Thats pretty pathetic Da2. Get a life.

That's what someone replied to the same DA2 post.

We did a support slot there before Christmas and had a great laugh. There are worse or equally bad venues I reckon. Still they are always getting in trouble for fucking bands over.

So Da2 are Dodgy wankers then? I didn't realise. What If I bring my own shaved Apes with Kung-fu grips for Roadies? Will they fuck with ye then? Try nick yer amps n ting?

We played there on the 19th supporting Pinhead, had no problems at all really, Sound wasnt 100% but it never is. Stage is fuckin tiny though.wouldnt want to be real tall

Originally posted by someone on Boards.ie
You took their soundtest time out of their play time so they only got 3 songs.

Bands who take too long to soundcheck should be punished.

A few hours in the stocks being pelted with rotten fruit & veg would be good, but failing that then take it out of their slot. As it were.

I mean really. Soundchecks? In this day and age? Who do people think they are?

The jimmy cake?

I member once in the old da club a sound man checked one microphone for 25 minutes for us.

he said the word 'church' into it so many times it lost all meaning....

Originally posted by rumpus
sound check = check each instrument for sound, then play 1.5 songs. 2 songs if something's very wrong.

any more is muso wankery

i love muso wankery. so much better than muso-can'tplaytosaveourlivesery

Oi Lenehans, that's actually pronounced cantplaywontplayery

mumblin' = one person = 3.46 seconds

us = 5 people = 17.3 seconds ... I guess we do take a bit too long

time to kick someone out....or maybe everyone...hmmm

We once supported the shite Offally band Mesner on the Sligo leg of the Heineken Rollercoaster and witnessed probably the most indulgent soundcheck ever (3 or 4 full songs if memory serves me right). Then when we had to use the distorted chanel on their amp they accused us of 'stealing their sound'. Fucking cunts!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back