cutting a blog (1 Viewer)

Hair Iron Madin

only getting my head around setting up blog in last hour or so.
I've seen blogs whereby you can have sections links on one side of your blogs homepage (eg news page, videos page, contact page, etc) that when clicked open up a new blog page.

I am using blogger.
I have created some content/posts for the homepage that show up as archives and when you click these archives you are taken to a new page. But as well as archives i'm trying to achieve the aforementioned task above.

Anyone shed some light on this please.

thanks

Don't know much about Blogger, but I know that to do this in Wordpress, you can either use "Pages" which are just flat pages of text (for "contact" stuff) or you can use "Categories" to link to them.

If you want to get really fancy, you can mix the two together and have "Pages" that collect together posts from a particular category - but this is pretty advanced stuff and I don't think you can do it if your blog is on wordpress.com.

only getting my head around setting up blog in last hour or so.
I've seen blogs whereby you can have sections links on one side of your blogs homepage (eg news page, videos page, contact page, etc) that when clicked open up a new blog page.

I am using blogger.
I have created some content/posts for the homepage that show up as archives and when you click these archives you are taken to a new page. But as well as archives i'm trying to achieve the aforementioned task above.

Anyone shed some light on this please.

thanks

would be interested to see if this can be done.

all my previous months posts are clickable archives which open in a new window.

I can link other sites the way you mention but separate pages I cannot do - unless I set up another blog and another blog and link them off the main one which sounds crazy.

would be interested to see if this can be done.

all my previous months posts are clickable archives which open in a new window.

I can link other sites the way you mention but separate pages I cannot do - unless I set up another blog and another blog and link them off the main one which sounds crazy.

wordpress can do it. www.wordpress.com

but the problem is if you want to customise the css styles/look of your pages you have to buy a years subscription to using the customise css tool.

gits.

just buy a domain and install wordpress and fancy up your own style. S'what I did. and I can do what I like.

but niggltbeth - you have a blog?? LINK!

just buy a domain and install wordpress and fancy up your own style. S'what I did. and I can do what I like.

but niggltbeth - you have a blog?? LINK!

It's his homepage on his profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back