CUT COPY DJing at CrawDaddy this Sat (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
and this is no 'celebrity band DJset' shite - these boyos can mix and they play a great mix of old and new, check out the tracklist below. if they play eisbar i'll be a happy man

CUT COPY (Dj Set)
Announced in lieu of their SOLD OUT live show in The Village

***PLUS CHEWY***
Guesting this Saturday @ DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD?Me. You. Rory Long. Eoin Long. David DeValera. Psychotic Reaction. Dirty Disco. Mystic Cosmic Boogie. Funky House. Friends. Romans. Countrymen. Fresh. Atmospheric – no; Stratmospheric. Vibes. Chewy. More Vibes. Dave Salacious. Arveene. Techno. Minimal Vibes. Antics. Lots of Them. International Vibes: APPARAT + Space Camp DJs (live) 13.12.08 Acrobats (joking). DIGITAL MYSITKZ (Mala & Coki) + Saftey Boy 20.12.08. General Happiness. Mark Murphy. Chopped Up & Funky. If Marvin had known about DOWNLOAD we'd all have Heard It On The Grape Vibe. Mmmm.
CUT COPY (Dj Set)
What to expect?
Fabriclive.29 mixed by Cut Copy gives a pretty damn good steer;
1. I Wish You Were Gone - Joakim
2. Future Unlimited - Cut Copy
3. Disco Clown - Munk
4. Hello Empty Room/Future Unlimited - Barfod, Tüxen
5. Get Dancey - New Yound Pony Club
6. Bang Bang - In Flagranti
7. Slide In - Goldfrapp
8. Dead Eyes Opened - Ellard
9. Out the Door - Hoffding, Tomas
10. Face to Face - Daft Punk
11. Truth and Lies - Hamilton, Julian
12. Work on You - Keeler, Jesse F.
13. Stop - Willman
14. Your Retro Carrer Melted - The Faint
15. E Tralking - Soulwax
16. Into the Groovey - Cut Copy, Madonna
17. Waters of Nazareth - Justice
18. Eisbär - Grauzone
19. The Acid Never Lies - Riot In Belgium
20. Shadows - Midnight Juggernauts

CUT COPY?Is the musical lovechild of Melbourne human giraffe and 70’s MOR fetishist Dan Whitford. A project born in the early 21st century, Cut Copy was originally more of a solo project for Dan to exercise his love of sampling and instrumental hip hop, before he took a turn for the dancefloor and released the I Thought Of Numbers EP in 2001. Following it’s release and a live mishap that saw his sampler fried, Dan recruited a posse of friends for the recording of his sparkling debut album, Bright Like Neon Love.
SOUNDS LIKE?Scuzzy disco, post-post-punk, electric lovers rock, sweet space pop. A sound that references 70’s rock staples like ELO and Fleetwood Mac, late 80’s/early 90’s indie like Sonic Youth and Guided By Voices, the disco production of Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards, post-punk and French house. The music of Cut Copy is like rediscovering lost memories and hearing the sound of the future both at the same time, and making you want to grow a discoball for a head and electric guitars for arms. Let it light up your life, Bright Like Neon Love...

This Saturday & every Saturday go deep underground with DeValera acting as master of ceremonies in this dance floor circus... His DJs won't harm any animals but they will make you jump through hoops...
Who are DeValera's friends? The top Irish and International acts of house and techno.
How do you be Devalera's friend? Get amongst it while he brings you your weekly fix of quality house and techno.
Consistently fresh. Consistently new. Consistently discerning.
Get ready to DOWNLOAD.

Their album is superb. Shame I only got it yesterday and the gig is sold out :mad:

The first track is just heaven. It sounds like ELO having sex with Erasure with some sexy French house DJ clapping along in time. In 1987.

Their album is superb. Shame I only got it yesterday and the gig is sold out :mad:

The first track is just heaven. It sounds like ELO having sex with Erasure with some sexy French house DJ clapping along in time. In 1987.

Produced by Tim Goldsworthy of DFA. It's a cracker of an album, far better than the first one (which was still pretty good). Really looking forward to this gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back