CRYSTAL STILTS (Usa, Slumberland Recs) + New Amusement, Whelans 19th Feb '09 (1 Viewer)

well it seems to be the blame of the shit PA and therefore the problem of Whelans/ the inhouse guy. As unfortunate as that is for the inhouse guy thats where the blame always lies. i know this from 1st hand experience....

being a sound engineer is a dogs life!

unfortunate it was a bit of a bummer but they are a rad band......

also this is defos to show how shit digital desks are........or can be i should say

i had one do a similar thing on a live tv quiz show being broadcast to south africa

nightmare

And why upstairs in whelans?
I thought that was strange too. I was playing the main venue downstairs (?), then went up and caught a couple of songs. I loved what I saw. Would be interested to hear what the band thought of the sound. I missed the start but thought the slightly murky sound was part of the deal. I don't think i ever heard a live band sound so much like an old recording, which I liked. Only caught two songs though.

Interview download

Crystal Stilts (first broadcast June 2009)...
...in which Brad & Kyle talk about some of their musical influences, which include legendary English producer Joe Meek and Rocks in Your Head record shop in Soho in New York (where Brad used to work), also their friends Cause Co-motion and The Pains of Being Pure at Heart...
...and how their next record could sound a bit like Bo Diddley
http://rapidshare.com/files/243401241/Crystal_Stilts_UOH_Interview_Podcast.mp3

www.myspace.com/theundergroundofhappiness

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back